Ocz mod-xtreme pro 700watts

AHMED 111

I am getting a used Ocz mod-xtreme pro 700watts power supply and was wondering if it would work fine (this is my first time building a pc) how do check if it is giving me the right amount of watts

is its name actually ModXstream?

because if so, avoid it. its not a good PSU.

what is you system specs?

for reference(PSU tier list): 

No, modxtreme is old and mediocre. Don't.

What's your specs? Where are you from? Can you provide a store you are buying stuff off?

my specs are xeon e5450 with a gtx 750ti and 8gb drr3 ram

i am buying it off olx which is a like ebay for our country

is Corsair HX 620watt semi modular fine

i am buying a larger power supply as will upgrade to a larger gpu  after a few days

and what if i buy zotac gpu instead of a asus gpu does it effect performance

Whoa, haven't heard about that one in a while, do you know how much has been used? and with what kind of components?

For your hardware is kinda pointless though, you could get something like a CX450 or a Focus Plus 450, both are fine

And get the ASUS 750Ti, zotac cooling sucks.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

no but i am going to up grade my gpu to a 1060 ti by zotac or a asus

and what about gigabit is it fine

and would a Corsair HX 620watt be fine

Stop with the 10 year old used PSUs.  You're just going to get yourself into trouble.

You're talking about PSUs so old that they're already at the end of their lifespan.

4 minutes ago, AHMED 111 said:

so which one should i take

Where are you located???

Different PSUs are available in different regions.  But for your hardware, you don't need high wattage.

5 minutes ago, AHMED 111 said:

pakistan

use the quote button otherwise no one gets notified

the HX is a bit overkill but is it new?

a good quality 550 unit is enough for a 1060 and I take you're talking about the 6GB 1060

I'd avoid buying an used PSU tho, you never know what the previous owner did to it and in what conditions the PSU has been working and for how long

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

10 hours ago, AHMED 111 said:

is Corsair HX 620watt semi modular fine

i am buying a larger power supply as will upgrade to a larger gpu  after a few days

and what if i buy zotac gpu instead of a asus gpu does it effect performance

No. Just no.

The Corsair HX620 is a decade old supply, and is definitely not up to todays standards.

Getting a higher wattage supply than what you need for "Future proofing" is absurd, because you are buying old crap, so you definitely shouldn't use it on higher end hardware. Anyway, I highly doubt your next upgrade will require more than a good 400W supply

Can you actually provide a site so we can look at getting you a new decent supply.

6 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

the HX is a bit overkill but is it new?

It's really NOT. It's a Seasonic Platform that predated the S12II series. It ain't good.

19 hours ago, AHMED 111 said:

I am getting a used Ocz mod-xtreme pro 700watts power supply and was wondering if it would work fine (this is my first time building a pc) how do check if it is giving me the right amount of watts

why the hell would you want a 10 year old PSU?!
Or 12 years for the Corsair HX?!

Wanna kill your PC or what do you want?!

Well, using shitty or too old PSU is a good way to kill the PC...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

1 hour ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

No. Just no.

The Corsair HX620 is a decade old supply, and is definitely not up to todays standards.

Getting a higher wattage supply than what you need for "Future proofing" is absurd, because you are buying old crap, so you definitely shouldn't use it on higher end hardware. Anyway, I highly doubt your next upgrade will require more than a good 400W supply

Can you actually provide a site so we can look at getting you a new decent supply.

It's really NOT. It's a Seasonic Platform that predated the S12II series. It ain't good.

wasn't the HX from 2017?

1 minute ago, aezakmi said:

wasn't the HX from 2017?

HX620 was, with the 520W, the first PSU Corsair made - back in 2006!

And since then they had a dozen or more different units under the HX label, though in recent years mostly 750W and up while phasing out the ~650 and ~550W ones...

Just now, Stefan Payne said:

HX620 was, with the 520W, the first PSU Corsair made - back in 2006!

And since then they had a dozen or more different units under the HX label, though in recent years mostly 750W and up while phasing out the ~650 and ~550W ones...

OH 620 I thought it was 650 damn that's old af, I remember the 620 S12 too

no way, none of those two options OP mentioned is worth

1 minute ago, aezakmi said:

OH 620 I thought it was 650 damn that's old af, I remember the 620 S12 too

no way, none of those two options OP mentioned is worth

650W is not really better ;)
Its more or less the same PSU, just +30W and slightly better efficiency (Bronze).

What you are thinking of is the HX650 GOLD or however that's called.

But even that one is rather old as well (came out back in 2013)..

1 hour ago, AHMED 111 said:

so  can any one recommend me a psu

a CX450M

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

2 hours ago, AHMED 111 said:

i am looking for a 650watt psu

Because?? Someone put a bug in your ear??

If you need a 650W PSU, you have the money to get a high quality Platinum or titanium unit. Because we are talking about 2000€ machines at this point.

Since you do not have that, a 450 or 550W is more than fine.

how about thermaltake smart series 650watt or corsair CX500M or coolermaster VX550