Good “Budget” Gaming Laptops

I am a mainly pc gamer with a relatively good pc. I have no trouble playing any games I want at home. With starting to travel more and going to college next fall I want to get a decent laptop that can help get me my fix of gaming if I’m out somewhere. Because I already have a desktop I don’t need it to be near as powerful with all the bells and whistles. I don’t play any super taxing games but would like the ability to run them even on low if necessary. I’d like to stay at or around $1000 but don’t mind going a little more if it is really worth it. Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks!! 

The Dell G5 gaming laptops with the 1050ti or 1060 in them tend to be a good bang for the buck gaming laptop and run between $1000-$1300 US on sale.

They also don't have a super Gamery aesthetic to them which is nice if you don't want the aggressive design and RGB or some of the other gaming laptops.

Location? Preferred max weight and min battery life? Usage? Do you need good quality (high sRGB) display?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

I'm currently using an HP Omen. 15 inch screen, 8th gen core i5, 1050ti, 12 gigs of RAM, 1 tb hdd and 256 gb m.2 drive. Set me back 750 USD. I can play most of my games at medium settings with no issue. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop