razer blade 2018 mic not working

Hi guys, i noticed my razer blade 2018 mic doesnt get any signal. I tried factory reseting, install/uninstall drivers, and installing older realtek drivers but still my mic does not work. any ideas on how to diagnose this? thanks

Check the mic settings in windows. It could be trying to find a different microphone or something. You can check this by right-clicking the speaker icon in the bottom right, clicking sounds, and going to recording to see what's up.

CPU: I9-7900X RAM: 64GB (16X4) DDR4-2933 GPU: RTX 3080 MOBO: ASUS X299 Deluxe PSU: Corsair RM850 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB Case: Corsair iCUE 465X Cooler: Corsair 280 AIO

thanks, already tried that, enabled/disabled the built in microphone and the mixer. updated the drivers as well. still no signal

already checked that too, but it isnt.

i also noticed during my factory reset, cortana couldnt hear my reply. is this a hardware issue? 

Sorry, knowledge is limited.  But could be,  have you tried a outside mic, or headset.

• 1 month later...

Hi, 

I was wondering if you were able to get it fixed, as I am also having the same issues. Out of curiosity when did you buy your machine as this seems to be a problem on some machines with 1.05 BIOS from a few reddit posts.

Thanks!

I got it October this year. Got it RMAed but when it returned, had a blue thing on the screen, flickering when usb is connected/disconnected, and misaligned trackpad. Sent it for another RMA and it has been a month since.

So my hypothesis is correct, it has something to do with their 1.05 BIOS update for linux trackpads, because both our machines came with 1.05 BIOS driver. I also send mine in for an RMA, I believe it will take about 15 days. On a side note, how was the customer support, as I am coming from an apple ecosystem where everything just works.

It's terrible. This is the 3rd RMA of my system in the span of 2 months. I deeply regret buying this system. The current RMA is still ongoing for a month now. I am looking for ways to expedite or return the system since it is basically useless for me.

I feel you man, I am also thinking of moving back to using macs, as I have had such a good experience with them. Yes, it does cost a bit more, but you don't have to deal with the crap put out by windows laptops. I am at least hoping to get the machine repaired by the end of this month before school starts, and I also cannot do any of my machine learning research that I planned on doing over winter break.

I did not know it was just a bios issue. Couldnt they have fixed it with an update then and saving us from all this misery?

I mean from all the reddit posts that I have read, all of the machines that had this issue were running 1.05 BIOS.

Except for this post:

For all I know my machine could have been defective right out of the box, since I never really used the webcam since Monday of this week when I had to do a video conferencing, boy did that righteously piss me off, it's like their shit breaks the exact moment you need it. Even Linus back in 2017 with the razer blade stealth had 30% of their laptops fail within the warranty period. 

I believe razer fans are gonna love this:

• 1 year later...
On 10/30/2018 at 3:52 AM, paocolorblind said:

Hi guys, i noticed my razer blade 2018 mic doesnt get any signal. I tried factory reseting, install/uninstall drivers, and installing older realtek drivers but still my mic does not work. any ideas on how to diagnose this? thanks

Razer Blade has one of best build quality in windows laptops but the problem is there hardware tends to fail. speaking of my experince i had the razer blade 15 and after a year of use the camera and mic stopped working and many issues started appearing like crashing app not responding. (I have formated multiple times with same issues reappearing also i updated the bios). so yes wouldn't reccomend razer unless u get extended warrent and would wait for them to fix it each time.