Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best Graphics Cards for this Build

m6u3
 Share

I am wondering what grahics card should I buy for my wife’s PC, she games at 1080p, casual games. 

Here is a link to her pc parts: https://bit.ly/2OUaVxw

 

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3QgmQZ
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3QgmQZ/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($98.49 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($79.61 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Team - Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory 
Storage: Kingston - A400 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($27.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.89 @ OutletPC) 
Case: Rosewill - FBM-X1 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($26.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Optical Drive: LG - GH24NSC0B DVD/CD Writer  ($18.88 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: AOC - i2769Vm 27.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor  ($179.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $490.84
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-29 12:51 EDT-0400

 

So the monitor ahe curretly uses is a 1080p @ 60hz. So what I am looking for is te best graphics card for the money, that will not be bottled neck by the CPU. And that will game future games at 1080 60hz.

 

Thanks in adavance! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, m6u3 said:

I am wondering what grahics card should I buy for my wife’s PC, she games at 1080p, casual games. 

Here is a link to her pc parts: https://bit.ly/2OUaVxw

 

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3QgmQZ
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3QgmQZ/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($98.49 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($79.61 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Team - Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory 
Storage: Kingston - A400 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($27.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.89 @ OutletPC) 
Case: Rosewill - FBM-X1 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($26.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Optical Drive: LG - GH24NSC0B DVD/CD Writer  ($18.88 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: AOC - i2769Vm 27.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor  ($179.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $490.84
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-29 12:51 EDT-0400

 

So the monitor ahe curretly uses is a 1080p @ 60hz. So what I am looking for is te best graphics card for the money, that will not be bottled neck by the CPU. And that will game future games at 1080 60hz.

 

Thanks in adavance! 

I think a GTX 1050 Ti should be perfect for your build. If you want, you could go for a GTX 1060 3GB (if for whatever reason it's more affordable than a GTX 1050 Ti)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

rx 580 wouild be th best GPU for the money, though i dont know how much you are looking to spend

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Already bought these parts?

 

I'd get the RX 570 for the 2200G, it's less than $150 each

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

 

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

 

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

rx 580 wouild be th best GPU for the money, though i dont know how much you are looking to spend

Yeah, but the RX 580 is quite overkill for this build.. Why not something like an RX 560/570?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jurrunio said:

Already bought these parts?

 

I'd get the RX 570 for the 2200G, it's less than $150 each

Yeah We had this machine running on the 2200g vega 8 for like 4 months now, and I have a budget of $250 for the video card. obviously I am looking for value, not just buy the gpu that cost 250. The less the better that means more money for actual games! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, m6u3 said:

Yeah We had this machine running on the 2200g vega 8 for like 4 months now, and I have a budget of $250 for the video card. obviously I am looking for value, not just buy the gpu that cost 250. The less the better that means more money for actual games! 

considering the RX 580 is just 15% faster but $100 more expensive (66% more), RX 570 is your best choice

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

 

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

 

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×