I opened my task manager and saw this, what does it mean?

TH Gamer

Hi guys, i opened up task manager and saw there there were 3 processes with no name and one suspended, i tried to open malware bytes and Bitdefender and they wont open either.

What could this be or mean?

VqhRyAU.jpg

I Have just finished the Scan and they are still there, Should i reinstall windows?

3 minutes ago, TH Gamer said:

I Have just finished the Scan and they are still there, Should i reinstall windows?

I found this helpful but complicated article on the Malwarebytes forum:

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/226306-high-cpu-usage-blank-process-in-task-manager/

I hope this helps!

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

i also tried to open cmd, but it instantly closes and when i end the processes this comes up 

67NAeF2.png

If you haven't already I would download malwarebytes and let it do it's thing. The popup you are getting is saying it is malicious, so now you need to take steps to contain and re-mediate the problem.

malwarebytes isn't even opening it just shows that something is open on the task bar but has no icon 

if you can't get any antimalware scanners to open then try typing msconfig in your windows search bar. theres an option in there to boot into safe mode minimal or with networking. if your antimalware database is updated try minimal, then running the scanners. if theyre not update check the networking instead of minimal. reboot and u should be in safe mode. you will have to reverse the steps we just took to get out of safe mode.

try running the scanners in safe mode/see if they'll even open. i'd run adwcleaner before malwarebytes (malwarebytes just recently bought out the company who made adwcleaner because its an awesome program) then try malwarebytes.

also i find it hilarious that windows defender is telling you your pc is fucked up but it won't do anything about it lol.

1 hour ago, aandril said:

I'm pretty sure that happens with wsappx.

if something is broken yea

20 hours ago, aandril said:

I'm pretty sure that happens with wsappx.

Can you write some more info? Looks like you're the only one who knows a little more about that behaviour, so it may be useful for someone who has similar problem and want to know what is going on without reinstalling system.

What is the point of super tech forum if reinstalling system is almost all the time the only advice? I remember that I probably saw something like that on some computer but without negative symptoms like virus. I want to know more if next time I'll see something like that.

On 10/30/2018 at 5:30 PM, homeap5 said:

Can you write some more info? Looks like you're the only one who knows a little more about that behaviour, so it may be useful for someone who has similar problem and want to know what is going on without reinstalling system.

What is the point of super tech forum if reinstalling system is almost all the time the only advice? I remember that I probably saw something like that on some computer but without negative symptoms like virus. I want to know more if next time I'll see something like that.

I don't remember, so I can't tell give you an accurate answer.

But you can just do a simple restore or use a windows installer to fix any issues.

Don't reset windows. After saving your files to another drive...

A faster way of "resetting" windows is get your windows installer in your system, boot up the installer, proceed with installation and go to custom install, when your HDDs show up to pick where to install, format and delete all your partitions, your options should only then say "new " on the drive you want to install onto, create the new part and install. Much faster than a system reset that usually takes around 40 minutes or even hours.

Unless you have an SSD, in which case it might be faster with either method.

It's probably from disabling or ending processes/services btw. But you haven't mentioned that so I'm gathering that might not be what's responsible?

Just now, aandril said:

I don't remember, so I can't tell give you an accurate answer.

But you can just do a simple restore or use a windows installer to fix any issues.

Don't reset windows. After saving your files to another drive...

A faster way of "resetting" windows is get your windows installer in your system, boot up the installer, proceed with installation and go to custom install, when your HDDs show up to pick where to install, format and delete all your partitions, your options should only then say "new " on the drive you want to install onto, create the new part and install. Much faster than a system reset that usually takes around 40 minutes or even hours.

Unless you have an SSD, in which case it might be faster with either method.

It's probably from disabling or ending processes/services btw. But you haven't mentioned that so I'm gathering that might not be what's responsible?

I never use that method (installing / reinstalling / whatever). Every problem has explanation and solution. It pointless to mindless install everything again. It may be just process that hang or freeze, or just blocked by firewall or other 3rd party tool - what is the point to reinstall whole system then?

System restore is not a fix - it's workaround.

What if the same situation happen again and again? We will still don't know what is going on and making restore / reinstall 10 times? And then someone discover that it's normal when you run xxxx program that makes yyyy and that's all, nothing dangerous. Understand where problem is - that is important.

• 2 weeks later...

It's old thread, but today I finally found some info.

Of course it may be anything else in OP case, but in my case it was Comodo Firewall!

I'm using Comodo Firewall and today I noticed that I have 4 "empty" svchost processes like that. So I made some test - I use Process Explorer and find out that they're from Comodo virtualization process. And yes - I was using / testing Virtual Desktop (sandbox) from Comodo. And that's it! Every time I run Comodo Virtual Desktop - "empty" processes shows up (in Process Explorer you can find them with related parent process, but in Task Manager - just empty entries). No virus involved, no strange Windows behaviour, just Comodo Firewall.

And that is why so important is to detect problem before giving advice to reinstalling system etc.