Ethernet port failing to start after Windows update

After a windows update yesterday the Ethernet port on one of my PC's has stopped working. When I went to check the drivers for the port it come up with " Unable to start (code 10)". I tried to uninstall the driver but it seems to not be able to ? Ive even done a System restore to no avail. Any Ideas at all would be appreciated! 

Motherboard is an Asrock Z370 Pro4

23 minutes ago, chezzzombie said:

After a windows update yesterday the Ethernet port on one of my PC's has stopped working. When I went to check the drivers for the port it come up with " Unable to start (code 10)". I tried to uninstall the driver but it seems to not be able to ? Ive even done a System restore to no avail. Any Ideas at all would be appreciated! 

Motherboard is an Asrock Z370 Pro4

You cannot reinstall the driver?

you may not need to delete the driver to begin with it could be that the current one does not get recognized as a driver anymore, hence, you can't remove it.

Positive Mental Additude!

Just another Tired IT guy...

5 hours ago, FastRDust said:

You cannot reinstall the driver?

you may not need to delete the driver to begin with it could be that the current one does not get recognized as a driver anymore, hence, you can't remove it.

How can I delete the driver? when I go to uninstall the driver it goes through the process but in the events (under properties) it says uninstall failed, or something along those lines

1 hour ago, chezzzombie said:

How can I delete the driver? when I go to uninstall the driver it goes through the process but in the events (under properties) it says uninstall failed, or something along those lines

you don't have to uninstall first per se. just run the driver installer and see what happens.

or does it do that when it is running?

18 hours ago, FastRDust said:

you don't have to uninstall first per se. just run the driver installer and see what happens.

or does it do that when it is running?

the installer runs but it does nothing. I tried a few other things last night to no avail, I removed the supposed update that caused the issue and still nothing. I have since used a Ethernet to USB adapter and tried to see if windows would just fix it itself but still same error. I think i may just reinstall Windows at this point

Just now, chezzzombie said:

the installer runs but it does nothing. I tried a few other things last night to no avail, I removed the supposed update that caused the issue and still nothing. I have since used a Ethernet to USB adapter and tried to see if windows would just fix it itself but still same error. I think i may just reinstall Windows at this point

It looks like that is the only option, the same network works on the USB adapter right?

Just now, FastRDust said:

It looks like that is the only option, the same network works on the USB adapter right?

yeah so its 100% not the cable or anything