Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

General disinterest in tech?

PublicStaticVoidMain

Has anyone experience a general disinterest in tech? I've only thought of this due to this forum; a few days ago I was doing some work on my laptop and noticed my bookmark for this website in chrome. There was this sorta realization that I hadn't engaged in any techie related media in well over 2 months. I don't know if it's due to having most of my time occupied by work and college, but seeing videos from channels such as BitWit or LTT don't peak my interest like they used to. If any of you experience said disinterest, is it a sort of oscillation over time? By that I mean is it a sort of cycle where your interest peaks and falls, alternating every few months. I consumed tech content for a solid 5 years straight religiously, but the past few months have been devoid of it.       

You burned yourself out, dude. Step away from the keyboard and see the world for the Fortify Restoration and Ethers it has to offer. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Right now there's nothing interesting happening in the consumer facing part of the tech world besides ray tracing. And even that isn't all that interesting ATM.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

15 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

You burned yourself out, dude. Step away from the keyboard and see the world for the Fortify Restoration and Ethers it has to offer. 

I agree on the first half of your post, I am definitely not catching the reference in the second half.

Just now, ScootsMcgoots said:

I agree on the first half of your post, I am definitely not catching the reference in the second half.

Elder Scrolls and Pokemon, Final Fantasy, nearly any RPG that's come out.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Feel kinda the same. 

As long as the computer isn’t hot garbage, it’s just fine. I don’t need a turbo charged Lamborghini with a minibar to buy bagels. 

LTT Fan Fiction:

My new favourite thread:

2 hours ago, ScootsMcgoots said:

most of my time occupied by work and college, but seeing videos from channels such as BitWit or LTT don't peak my interest like they used to.

Yes I find the silliness of LTT is getting out of hand with the thumbnail pictures. And having your time occupied with something useful in life and taking up your time is a good thing. I just wanted to get the latest and greatest at the time of my purchase, then go a bit OCD on the minor details that mean nothing. Tech changes so frequently that its not worth following. Just buy whatever is the latest and greatest at the time and go from there.

ethers

Plural form of ether,
  • n.
    Any of a class of organic compounds in which two hydrocarbon groups are linked by an oxygen atom.

So what that means is get outside and be one with nature hence organics.

Fortify Restoration is a pc game, so I am lost as well.

that kinda happened to me as well. Like when I was in high school, i used to be on the forums everyday and working on computers everyday. Now I don't even play games anymore and this is the first time i checked the forums in like over 2 years. I guess life got in the way or something, but now my new hobby is working on cars. I still like working on computers but not as much anymore.

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

I've found I'm far less interested in troubleshooting etc. recently. Instead I'm drawn to the perfect look these days...and i wish I had a heated garage to do a lot of things. 

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

There's just nothing new going on worth noting. Oh look, we have a slightly faster generation of graphics cards and all the aftermarket coolers look the same.

Oh hey cool another 6 month product cycle with minimal performance difference to fill quotas from Intel with misleading benchmarks, that hasn't happened like 19 times in a row now.

Tempered glass.

Vertical GPUs.

Every case looks the same.

Everyone is still building ATX with single GPUs and less than 3 drives because "bigger is better".

Cue 30 new mini itx dense cases on kickstarter, all trying to copy the Dancase god.

Hardline water cooling: the expensive cosmetic upgrade of choice since tubes got lame.

Modern tech trends are depressingly boring right now. That's why I'm spending my time doing weird tech stuff. Like right now my main PC has a 1280x1024 monitor and uses a Yahoo internet keyboard made of transparent blue plastic.

Ive got a water cooled Athlon 5350 and 760ti build sitting around, an Athlon Xp and GeForce 4ti 4600 build, and the ultimate LGA 775 test bench with a motherboard that supports damn near every technology from the beginning of the 775 era to the end. Pcie and agp, ddr and ddr2, every 775 chip, sata, ide, all the on the same board.

I just can't take any more of these constant product cycles where nothing really "new" is happening.