Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

best bitrate for obs recording! Also veryfast good or could I go higher?

RainGamma

So I want the best quality in my videos. I heard 30k bitrate for recording is good. These are my specs https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GTNB7W. This was my latest video if you want to see how it looked like with my settings rn (7000) bitrate, faster.

Why are your ram and gpu performing that bad? Are you using dual channel and the right gpu slot? Not into streaming tho

And I saw that you were running really high on background use, like unnormal high. Try running it without doing anything else

What I found to help was to set my CPU's affinity inside Task Manager (in task manager go to the details tabs and right click your game, probably minecraft.exe, and press 'set affinity'. Give it 4-6 cores depending on how Minecraft runs nowadays.. I have not played it in years.. And do the same with obs.exe except give it the remaining cores).

Furthmore I personally like 'Medium' preset better.. I don't record gaming videos, but I do record speedpainting videos (so I record while drawing) and can easily record 4K15fps (I really don't need more fps, I speed up the footage anyways) at 8000 bitrate at the Medium CPU preset. 1080p60fps should be very doable at those same settings and while, IMO, look better in terms of artifacting.

But as with any recording preset, please do test it quite a bit before finalizing. I didn't magically pull these numbers out of a hat, I did a bit of testing on what made the biggest quality impact.

Also, I have a lower end CPU than yours (1700 instead of 2700X), but it has the same cores.. Just less power per core. The advice I give you is from the perspective of having a lower end CPU, so you should expect some more performance even.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 hour ago, LukeSavenije said:

And I saw that you were running really high on background use, like unnormal high. Try running it without doing anything else

I wasn’t on anything else only thing running was my AV 

1 hour ago, Minibois said:

What I found to help was to set my CPU's affinity inside Task Manager (in task manager go to the details tabs and right click your game, probably minecraft.exe, and press 'set affinity'. Give it 4-6 cores depending on how Minecraft runs nowadays.. I have not played it in years.. And do the same with obs.exe except give it the remaining cores).

Furthmore I personally like 'Medium' preset better.. I don't record gaming videos, but I do record speedpainting videos (so I record while drawing) and can easily record 4K15fps (I really don't need more fps, I speed up the footage anyways) at 8000 bitrate at the Medium CPU preset. 1080p60fps should be very doable at those same settings and while, IMO, look better in terms of artifacting.

But as with any recording preset, please do test it quite a bit before finalizing. I didn't magically pull these numbers out of a hat, I did a bit of testing on what made the biggest quality impact.

Also, I have a lower end CPU than yours (1700 instead of 2700X), but it has the same cores.. Just less power per core. The advice I give you is from the perspective of having a lower end CPU, so you should expect some more performance even.

So 4 - 6 cores to mc and for obs like 2L

23 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

Why are your ram and gpu performing that bad? Are you using dual channel and the right gpu slot? Not into streaming tho

Hey Luke I’m sending the new one now

Your ramsticks are still doing weird. Ask gskill about that. About the gpu, it says theres some kind of a framecap on it, are you forcing anything like gsync, freesync or vsync on it?

2 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

Your ramsticks are still doing weird. Ask gskill about that. About the gpu, it says theres some kind of a framecap on it, are you forcing anything like gsync, freesync or vsync on it?

what do you mean my ramsticks are still doing weird? I think g sync is on

I think I should oc my memory and see why

So that's because of my cpu and as I found out there ain't any fixes.

6 hours ago, RainGamma said:

what do you mean my ramsticks are still doing weird? I think g sync is on

Then turn g-sync off when testing, it limits to probebly your 144 hertz refresh rate. And that ram is really way too low. I would still ask them

4 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

Then turn g-sync off when testing, it limits to probebly your 144 hertz refresh rate. And that ram is really way too low. I would still ask them

Yeah it had g sync on

On 10/30/2018 at 2:39 AM, LukeSavenije said:

Hey Luke I get home at 3:40 so I will try the test without g sync 

Just now, RainGamma said:

Hey Luke I get home at 3:40 so I will try the test without g sync 

Hi, i'm kinda in a different timezone (its 19:42 here). so I have no idea what time that is. but i'll keep a eye out while fixing a corrupt usb here