A new icon seemingly confirms that the next iPad Pro won’t have a home button

Speed Weed
On 10/29/2018 at 12:10 AM, Enderman said:

People said the same thing about phones.

Looks like people got used to it pretty quick.

Heh. Most people have always held their phones by the side and not the front bezel.

For iPad's you can't hold it by their sides because your palm wouldn't stretch across the entire width and even if you have abnormally large hands, it's too thin to hold by the sides. So the next natural way is holding it by the side with fingers on the front to support the entire weight, but wouldn't be possible if the entire front of the device was just screen

3 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

Heh. Most people have always held their phones by the side and not the front bezel.

For iPad's you can't hold it by their sides because your palm wouldn't stretch across the entire width and even if you have abnormally large hands, it's too thin to hold by the sides. So the next natural way is holding it by the side with fingers on the front to support the entire weight, but wouldn't be possible if the entire front of the device was just screen

You can hold it with two hands without touching the front.

Or just have palm rejection.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Honestly all I care is the price.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

42 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Except you're more prone to dropping it when you can't hold it with two hands, and there is still room for a home button because it isn't "bezel-less".

1 minute ago, Blademaster91 said:

Except you're more prone to dropping it when you can't hold it with two hands, and there is still room for a home button because it isn't "bezel-less".

Why use a physical home button when you can have a virtual one on the screen taht does the eact same thing.

And just hold it like you currently do with any other tablet, unless you tap with your finger it shouldn't register a press.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 hours ago, Enderman said:

And I assume you operate it with the third? ?

2 hours ago, Enderman said:

And cover part of the screen?

All I want is for Apple to finally update the iPad mini, add pencil support, and drop the ridiculous price it still carries after all these years. A smaller bezel and gesture based operation is just icing on the cake.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.