Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

USB 3.1 (red) in Gigabyte MoBo not recognizing devices

cesarbg

So, I have a Gigabyte ga-b250m-ds3h with 2x red USB 3.1 ports. I had never used them, as I didn't have the need. But i've been increasing the number of peripherals connected and just noticed they won't recognize any plugged devices.

I have a snowball ice mic and it is powered, but not showing in the device manager. I plugged 2 external HDs and nothing. I plugged a USB pendrive and nothing. I plugged an xbox controller and it is powered but useless.

I updated my drivers and the USB passed from 'unrecognized' in the device manager to eXtensible AMD 3.0 and 3.1. But if I plug anything it is powered but not usable in the system.

I checked bios but I see no related issue.

Can you suggest something please?

12 minutes ago, cesarbg said:

So, I have a Gigabyte ga-b250m-ds3h with 2x red USB 3.1 ports. I had never used them, as I didn't have the need. But i've been increasing the number of peripherals connected and just noticed they won't recognize any plugged devices.

I have a snowball ice mic and it is powered, but not showing in the device manager. I plugged 2 external HDs and nothing. I plugged a USB pendrive and nothing. I plugged an xbox controller and it is powered but useless.

I updated my drivers and the USB passed from 'unrecognized' in the device manager to eXtensible AMD 3.0 and 3.1. But if I plug anything it is powered but not usable in the system.

I checked bios but I see no related issue.

Can you suggest something please?

in device manager when you updated the devices it passes and goes to usb location. it will power on still even without it being recognized. it wont be in bios.

what are you plugging in?

Just now, bebejapes said:

in device manager when you updated the devices it passes and goes to usb location. it will power on still even without it being recognized. it wont be in bios.

what are you plugging in?

Different devices: Snowball ICE, 1tb Touro HD, 1 Seagate 1TB HD, 1 32gb (3.0) Sandisk micro usb, Xbox controller, Logitech k375s keyboard, VicTsing mouse... Everything is powered, but not usable. Only when I move them to 3.0 blue usb ports or 2.0 black ports do they work.

10 minutes ago, cesarbg said:

Different devices: Snowball ICE, 1tb Touro HD, 1 Seagate 1TB HD, 1 32gb (3.0) Sandisk micro usb, Xbox controller, Logitech k375s keyboard, VicTsing mouse... Everything is powered, but not usable. Only when I move them to 3.0 blue usb ports or 2.0 black ports do they work.

did you get the latest drivers?

17 hours ago, bebejapes said:

did you get the latest drivers?

I did, directly from gigabyte. At first the 3.1 were not being recognized by device manager, but after the driver installation they were, I thought it was going to be working, but nothing still. I'm thinking a bios setup, but not sure what to move. 

On 10/29/2018 at 1:42 AM, cesarbg said:

I did, directly from gigabyte. At first the 3.1 were not being recognized by device manager, but after the driver installation they were, I thought it was going to be working, but nothing still. I'm thinking a bios setup, but not sure what to move. 

i doubt its bios. what do you see can you screen shot peripherals tab?