Crouton on SD card on HP Chomebook 14 G3

Hey guys! I would like to install crouton on my 128 GB micro SD card, rather than my valuable internal storage, so naturally I moved the installation folder to my SD Card. And for installing crouton the code that comes up the most often is something related to this sudo sh ~/Downloads/crouton -e xfce , so I figured that if I altered the path from Downloads to SD_Card that this would work, ending up with sudo sh ~/SD_Card/crouton -e , but for some reason this fails to initiate. I know that I may be asking a lot, but may I get some help on figuring out where I went wrong? Thanks in advance! P.S. the chromebook is already in dev mode, and I have typed in "shell".

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

I think your problem started with using a Chromebook like it was a regular PC or laptop machine.  Chromebooks are in a whole different category all by themselves.

Just now, kb5zue said:

I think your problem started with using a Chromebook like it was a regular PC or laptop machine.  Chromebooks are in a whole different category all by themselves.

What's the difference? A Chromebook is just a low spec laptop running chromium instead of Windows. Manufacturers will often sell the same laptop with windows esp. Windows 10 S. 

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

3 hours ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

What's the difference? A Chromebook is just a low spec laptop running chromium instead of Windows. Manufacturers will often sell the same laptop with windows esp. Windows 10 S. 

As a tech/pc person for the past 25 years, I would/will take the laptop with Win10s any day over the Chromebook.  Spanish word for Chromebook is "basura".