InWin Choppin with i7 8700?

ProRules

Hey guys, I'd like to build a mini ITX PC.

But like truly small.

So i came upon this case called "InWin Copping" which is exactly the size i was looking for, anything above that is too big for my needs.

My question is tho.. It comes with a 150W PSU, Is it enough for B360-I Strix, i7 8700 (non-K), 32GB 2x16 DDR4 RAM on 3200 XMP, and 2 ssds?

(oh and a cpu fan on the cooler).

Because every site of wattage calculation is shooting up 160W just for the 65W TDP CPU alone.

150 W psu? No way, way too little wattage. You won't be using an dedicated video card? If not you could get a away with 200 w psu, but even then, I would get 250 if it was me.

Just now, noxdeouroboros said:

150 W psu? No way, way too little wattage. You won't be using an dedicated video card? If not you could get a away with 200 w psu, but even then, I would get 250 if it was me.

That's a bummer, the case is so nice, but that means.. ordering a separated PSU (more $)

Will you be using a dedicated video card or not? Get less ram, more money for case and psu :)

6 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Will you be using a dedicated video card or not? Get less ram, more money for case and psu :)

Well i guess not, because that will require a bigger case, which would be a problem.

I need the ram for multi tasking much and well because i can get it for a close price to the 16 gigs.

9 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

if running with iGPU, it should be plenty, but i'm REALLY not a fan of cases with built in power supplies, for very complicated reasons.

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

if running with iGPU, it should be plenty, but i'm REALLY not a fan of cases with built in power supplies, for very complicated reasons.

Agreed, but its bronze 80 plus and changeable, its sfx i think. 

InWin is not a great manufacturer as you know, so I think psu will be a shitty one. 

1 minute ago, ProRules said:

80+ bronze says nothing about quality, and i'd rather it not be there, so i could choose a psu manufacturer i trust to be quality.

2 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

InWin is not a great manufacturer as you know, so I think psu will be a shitty one. 

inwin cases are pretty decent from what i've seen.. power supplies.. didnt know they had them.

3 minutes ago, ProRules said:

Flex ATX, IIRC. 

150W is absolutely fine with a locked CPU and no dGPU. 

:)

150 is fine? You find out something new everyday. I would never use 150, 200 that's more like it.

I've read that the PSU can be noisy, that's a big downer.

I could take a R5 2400G tbh, that can do the job but the psu fan noise is a downer.

On 10/27/2018 at 3:46 PM, ProRules said:

I've read that the PSU can be noisy, that's a big downer.

I could take a R5 2400G tbh, that can do the job but the psu fan noise is a downer.

The R5 2400G would have better iGPU performance but be worse in CPU horsepower. However 150w should theoretically be enough to power either system, though I cant find any examples of the 8700 being used.

Builds completed using that case/PSU (Including two 2400G systems)

https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/by_part/7zfmP6

For CPU coolers, your best bet is Noctua NH-L9i/a (i for intel, a for AMD) or the Cryorig C7 (includes both types of mounts). The AMD Wraith stealth and Intel Stock coolers fit but these two would give you a better performance (Especially over the intel cooler) so that's up to your discression.

Lastly *off topic*, DOTH THOU EVEN HOIST? Arms bigger than my future ?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

4 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

The R5 2400G would have better iGPU performance but be worse in CPU horsepower. However 150w should theoretically be enough to power either system, though I cant find any examples of the 8700 being used.

Builds completed using that case/PSU (Including two 2400G systems)

https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/by_part/7zfmP6

For CPU coolers, your best bet is Noctua NH-L9i/a (i for intel, a for AMD) or the Cryorig C7 (includes both types of mounts). The AMD Wraith stealth and Intel Stock coolers fit but these two would give you a better performance (Especially over the intel cooler) so that's up to your discression.

Lastly *off topic*, DOTH THOU EVEN HOIST? Arms bigger than my future ?

Hahha that's a funny comment and lmao ?

BTW

I came across this case today:

https://luna-design.org/prime#design

It's production should begin in November (next month!).

What are your thoughts? here are some pics i found online:

DNK-PRIME-04.jpg

DNK-PRIME-10.jpg

31f4995a82ed111e6050ccfa2cfc5e61.jpg

4 minutes ago, ProRules said:

Hahha that's a funny comment and lmao ?

BTW

I came across this case today:

https://luna-design.org/prime#design

It's production should begin in November (next month!).

What are your thoughts? here are some pics i found online:

Interesting. Size wise It's very similar to the Loque Ghost S1, however neither case is as small as the In Win Choppin at 4.5 liters (almost half the volume) I'm not sure how tight you want to sty around the 5L mark.

Someone responded on a different SFF case question with a nice spreadsheet sorted based on overall size. It could be of use to you

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dzRY3LLsXcDX5Qt5PvQOrAJhw0EK9Cy7UtQPdyRp6PY/edit#gid=0

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25