Black Screen. Fans spin fast. "nvlddmkm stopped responding"

Darthwampa

Operating System:  Windows 10 pro 64-bit
CPU:  Intel Core i5 4670K
RAM: 16GB DDR3 (4x4GB)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 7
Graphics: Gigabyte Windforce GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Power Supply: Corsair CX600M (Semi-modular power supply 600 watts)

Storage: 2 SSDs, 2 HDDs, 1 optical drive

The issue: At times when I would be gaming, the screen would go black and wouldn't recover. The fans would sometimes spin at 100% as well. I would check the Event Viewer and see two Display driver "nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered" followed by a  "Display driver failed to start; using Microsoft Basic Display Driver instead. Check Windows Update for a newer display driver." warning. Lately it's been getting worse, happening at random times such as when watching videos on Youtube. I've looked on the internet and tried various solutions from rolling back drivers, to reinstalling drivers, to DDU driver uninstall (and then reinstall video card drivers), to replugging in PCIe cable. The only solution suggested that I didn't try was using a new power supply.

I've had some components such as the power supply, processor, and some of the storage devices since February 2014. My first video card was a Gigabyte Geforce GTX660 2GB then upgraded to my current video card. I recall having this issue with my previous video card and remember fixing the problem by sometimes replugging in the PCIe power cable. That sadly isn't working anymore. Should buy a new PSU or should I try to find a way to get a new PCIe cable?

Before I go and spend money on new parts, is there any potential alternate solution I didn't try yet?

Pictures:

Spoiler

bLEfnBX.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PHe1eIY.png