Pc won’t post with new cpu

8-Bit Ninja

So I decided to put the i7 4790k I had into my media pc (currently on an i5 4430) a ran a bios update and confirmed the bios number (2108) to be the latest bios. However the machine won’t post with the i7 in, I can confirm the i7 to be working having taken it out and tested in a friends machine and it will post fine if I put the i5 back in. Some sites say the only way to get the bios update to work properly is by using the windows bios installer, however I can’t find a windows 10 version and the windows 8 one won’t work. 

Thanks 

1. Is it on the CPU support list of your board?
  2. Can your PSU handle it?
  3. Have you tried resetting BIOS settings? Maybe something in there is just not playing well with the i7...

My heart belongs to AMD but that doesn't mean I furiously hate Intel or NVIDIA :)

MAIN RIG AMD Ryzen 7 1700 | ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac | MSI HD7950 OC 3GB | G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB @ 2666MHz (Samsung D-Die) | ADATA SX8200 480GB NVMe SSD & Seagate Barracuda 120 1TB SSD & WD Black 500GB | Sharkoon QB One

LAPTOP Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 (14ARE05) - AMD Ryzen 5 4500U | AMD Vega 8 (Renoir) | 16GB RAM | SKHynix PC601 512GB (OEM) | 1080p 300nit non-touch display

14 minutes ago, redteam4ever said:
  1. Is it on the CPU support list of your board?
  2. Can your PSU handle it?
  3. Have you tried resetting BIOS settings? Maybe something in there is just not playing well with the i7...

Yes the cpu is supported 

it’s a 750 watt EVGA psu 

il try a cmos reset now and get back to you