Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need tips for running Ethernet outside without drilling

Josh9623

I'm currently in a rural area and looking into getting fixed wireless internet to replace the horrible DSL here, but I am in a rental. There are poles in the yard to mount the antenna to but I'm not allowed to drill into the actual house to run the wire. I have seen the flat "ghost" cable jumpers but they seem to have mixed reviews when it comes to use with Poe. Does anyone have advise or experience with this.

There is a satellite dish but the line is run underground.

13 minutes ago, Josh9623 said:

I'm currently in a rural area and looking into getting fixed wireless internet to replace the horrible DSL here, but I am in a rental. There are poles in the yard to mount the antenna to but I'm not allowed to drill into the actual house to run the wire. I have seen the flat "ghost" cable jumpers but they seem to have mixed reviews when it comes to use with Poe. Does anyone have advise or experience with this.

Why do you have to drill into the house to get a cable in? Don't the house have vents? Vents are great for running cables ;)

Unfortunately there are no vents on the outside, it has a perforated soffit and the laundry vents up out the roof. There is also very poor attic access.