My computer got hacked

yugi8264
1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Well, I'm sure it's now obvious in hindsight, but if you were expecting a txt and instead got a suspicious exe, it would be best to not run it, particularly if you've already seen it get flagged and deleted by an anti-virus program once before.

I should have trusted my gut but didn't. I feel like I should have known better. Since I reformated my computer is there anyway that he will have remote access or keylogger on my computer anymore

Just now, yugi8264 said:

I should have trusted my gut but didn't. I feel like I should have known better. Since I reformated my computer is there anyway that he will have remote access or keylogger on my computer anymore

Not unless it's able to repopulate from somewhere else but based on what it sounds like, you don't have other systems on your network so that isn't really an option, and even if it was it was unlikely.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

Not unless it's able to repopulate from somewhere else but based on what it sounds like, you don't have other systems on your network so that isn't really an option, and even if it was it was unlikely.

orignally this person scammed me for $100 than today he was blackmailing me for $50

Just now, yugi8264 said:

who knows... we didnt see how you did it

if it was done right, you changed passwords and it was actually the device where it leaked from, then youre probably ok

MSI GX660 + i7 920XM @ 2.8GHz + GTX 970M + Samsung SSD 830 256GB

Just now, Neftex said:

who knows... we didnt see how you did it

if it was done right, you changed passwords and it was actually the device where it leaked from, then youre probably ok

Hopefully I didn't forget to change any other passwords and malwarebytesand it said no threats found