2700x Black Screen Crash. Potential Fixes?

Solegide
Go to solution Solved by Derrk,

had the same problem with my 2700x & x470-f. Uninstall AI Suite. That fixed the issue for me.

AI suite along with the other programs that monitor temperatures would compete to access the motherboard temp monitors & would cause it to crash. At least that's what was going on with mine. Hope it helps

This is followup to my post from yesterday. I got most of it figure out, the only problem that remains, is the black screen crashing. 

Here's all the info I can give right at this moment 

2700x @ 3.7ghz on 1.21v

Asus Rog x470-f, bios is up to date 

Corsair Vengeance LED 16gb 3000mhz RAM

STRIX GTX 1080 latest drivers

Corsair RM750i

Programs installed:

GeForce experience 

Asus ai suite 3

Ryzen master

iCue

MSI afterburner 

Coretemp

Steam

battlenet

And alot of games. 

At first, I thought the black screens only happened while gaming, but it black screened while I was afk, and everything was idle.

From what I understand, there are many variables that can lead to the black screen. 

1.Ryzen Master, and Ai Suite. Both of which I'm gonna Uninstall when I get I get home. 

2.icue, could be causeing the problem, 

3.the ram could the issue, but which I really hope it isn't because I can't really afford new ram ATM

Any other ideas on potential Fixes? 

CPUIntel Core i5 6600k 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED 16GB DDR4  GPU: Asus STRIX GTX 1080 Case: Thermaltake Core P3 SE White Storage: Toshiba P300 3TB HDD, Samsung 850 PRO 128GB SSD PSUCorsair RM750i Displays: Asus VG248QE, Asus VX22H x2 Cooling: Corsair H100i V2 w/ HD120 x2 KeyboardCorsair K95 RGB PLATINUM Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Corsair Dark Core RGB, Corsair MM800 RGB POLARIS Mousepad Sound: Corsair VOID Wireless, Logitech Z323 Speakers OS: Windows 10

had the same problem with my 2700x & x470-f. Uninstall AI Suite. That fixed the issue for me.

AI suite along with the other programs that monitor temperatures would compete to access the motherboard temp monitors & would cause it to crash. At least that's what was going on with mine. Hope it helps

10 hours ago, Derrk said:

about 6 hours in, and it hasn't Black screened. If it was gonna black screen, it probably would've done it by now. Uninstalling AI Suite, and Ryzen Master, seem to have work!

CPUIntel Core i5 6600k 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED 16GB DDR4  GPU: Asus STRIX GTX 1080 Case: Thermaltake Core P3 SE White Storage: Toshiba P300 3TB HDD, Samsung 850 PRO 128GB SSD PSUCorsair RM750i Displays: Asus VG248QE, Asus VX22H x2 Cooling: Corsair H100i V2 w/ HD120 x2 KeyboardCorsair K95 RGB PLATINUM Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Corsair Dark Core RGB, Corsair MM800 RGB POLARIS Mousepad Sound: Corsair VOID Wireless, Logitech Z323 Speakers OS: Windows 10

4 hours ago, Solegide said:

about 6 hours in, and it hasn't Black screened. If it was gonna black screen, it probably would've done it by now. Uninstalling AI Suite, and Ryzen Master, seem to have work!

Glad to hear. Ryzen master works fine on my mobo, along with other monitoring app. AI Suite was my only problem. Its weird how ASUS makes broken software for their components. I like ryzen master better anyway