silent mechanical keyboard?

RayanR
7 minutes ago, b emoji said:

I think the Massdrop CTRL is also hotswappable but massdrop isnt very reliable. I would replace those keycaps on the GMMK aswell those look pretty bad. 

You can actually order it without keycaps and save about $20.

2 minutes ago, RayanR said:

@geo3 that would be 200 euros for a 'selfmade keyboard' without easy warranty, thats a to big risk for me as i'm only a student

Well you have a requirement for a type of switch that is not commonly found most off the shelf keyboards. Your options are limited and expensive. Also a modular keyboard is a far cry from an actual DIY keyboard. I'm not sure what you think the risk is. The GMMK even comes with a warranty.

@geo3 yeah it has waranty, but shipping something back to the us is not that easy

@seon123 i think so

So yesterday i went to the store to check out some mx silent switches and mx reds and i'm happy with the sound of the silents. So to all of you who have awnsered, thanks for the help, i\m gonna buy the K70 mx silent from corsair

1 hour ago, RayanR said:

@seon123 i think so

So yesterday i went to the store to check out some mx silent switches and mx reds and i'm happy with the sound of the silents. So to all of you who have awnsered, thanks for the help, i\m gonna buy the K70 mx silent from corsair

Do note that the Corsair k70 is an open switch design and has rather thin keycaps so it may be louder and higher pitched compared to other implementations of mx silent, but still a decent option.