Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Radiator For 5 Gallon Mineral Oil Cooled PC?

Wrekt

I am making my first Mineral Oil cooled PC, I have done a lot of research in preparation for this task. I am not that experienced when it comes to liquid cooling, The Motobo is a micro ATX and is going to include a GTX 1070. I have been looking at this radiatorI am thinking of getting two of these triple fan, 60mm thick rad's. I will be using the push pull fan setup and I am going to be using "High Static Pressure" fans. This is my pump it is rated for up to 1500 liters per hour, My question here is what do you think of the specs. I am trying to make this a no compromise build when it comes to cooling, I was thinking of getting this radiator but it would be very expensive for me to get two and im not sure if it is really worth the price for the performance.

On 10/26/2018 at 11:58 AM, Wrekt said:

I am making my first Mineral Oil cooled PC, I have done a lot of research in preparation for this task. I am not that experienced when it comes to liquid cooling, The Motobo is a micro ATX and is going to include a GTX 1070. I have been looking at this radiatorI am thinking of getting two of these triple fan, 60mm thick rad's. I will be using the push pull fan setup and I am going to be using "High Static Pressure" fans. This is my pump it is rated for up to 1500 liters per hour, My question here is what do you think of the specs. I am trying to make this a no compromise build when it comes to cooling, I was thinking of getting this radiator but it would be very expensive for me to get two and im not sure if it is really worth the price for the performance.

Welcome to the Forums!

For cooling the oil a regular watercooling radiator will work as for the pump what you have selected is just the pump top. A DDC or D5 pump will do well as long as your oil you are using isn't high viscosity. As for your tubing and seals you will ideally want to change all the orings and seals to be nitrile based as any rubber or PVC based materials will harden from the interaction of the mineral oil.