RGB on a non-RGB motherboard?

Hyra
Go to solution Solved by Derrk,
3 minutes ago, Planeguy102 said:

Yeah I've seen those and tried to use it but the question was if there was some way to control and power it via the PC without doing a bunch of soldering and DIYing because it's annoying and I burned a controller doing that.

No. Without an rgb header, you wont be able to use software such as aura or others to control it. You're limited to remotes or buttons on the strips

I want RGB in my computer but I don't know how to go about doing it without getting a new motherboard. Does anyone know of an easy solution (like some sort of PCI-e 1x card) that can be used to control an rgb strip and has a decent software?

Me when
me when I'm driving
whataburger???

2 minutes ago, The Oddball said:

An NZXT Hue 2 or a Corsair Commander Pro would be the two best things.

Anything less expensive? (I'd appreciate an eBay link to some random janky Chinese shit)
And the commander only supports Corsair's own fans and not standard RGB 4pin strips

Me when
me when I'm driving
whataburger???

You might be able to find some that dont need an rgb header (i dont have any links). If you find one, it would be one that requires a remote or similar to control it - you wont be able to control it via the pc

Yeah I've seen those and tried to use it but the question was if there was some way to control and power it via the PC without doing a bunch of soldering and DIYing because it's annoying and I burned a controller doing that.

Me when
me when I'm driving
whataburger???

3 minutes ago, Planeguy102 said:

No. Without an rgb header, you wont be able to use software such as aura or others to control it. You're limited to remotes or buttons on the strips

44 minutes ago, Derrk said:

aura no but there is software and your not just limited to buttons or remotes theres alot of solutions

https://www.spikenzielabs.com/Catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1065

http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cooling-rgb-accessories/rgb-led-controller/
this is the better option if you want a easy to use software