How could I reduce interference caused by a powerline adapter?

randomperson89

I currently use a TP-Link WPA8360 kit to get a connection to a dead zone (which, coincidentally, is where I have my computer). After using the powerline adapter for a while, I realized it was causing some interference with my speakers and my headphones. I'm guessing you might say a solution to that is to use Wi-Fi... well, my room is a dead zone. It wouldn't be possible to move my computer elsewhere, as they are already occupied. And I can't move my router and my modem since there are only 3 coax connections in my house (which are all occupied), and I can't drill out of my house (since my landlord won't let me).

I've heard some people say to use surge protectors, but some people advise not to use them as they could interfere with my powerline connection.

How would a powerline adapter that is completely hardwired cause interference in your speakers or headphones?

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

Don't plug the powerline adapter into a surge protector. You can plug a surge protector into a mains outlet and then plug something in the surge protector.

Doesn't guarantee you'll get better sound.

Electric "noise" (emissions) from the powerline adapter could be picked up by the analogue cable between stereo out / line out and your amplifier speakers - cable could act as an antenna ... though normally these audio cables are like coaxial cables (signal wire inside a mesh of wire that's grounded)

8 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Don't plug the powerline adapter into a surge protector. You can plug a surge protector into a mains outlet and then plug something in the surge protector.

Doesn't guarantee you'll get better sound.

Electric "noise" (emissions) from the powerline adapter could be picked up by the analogue cable between stereo out / line out and your amplifier speakers - cable could act as an antenna ... though normally these audio cables are like coaxial cables (signal wire inside a mesh of wire that's grounded)

So should I get a ground loop noise isolator?