PC build for my print shop

Coccopuffs

Hello,

I really need to upgrade my work computer. It's so old I can't even upgrade Chrome anymore!  After so many delays from Apple for the new Mac Pro release I'm considering getting a system that runs Windows.

I was looking at the Surface 2 from Microsoft but the reviews are a bit lukewarm and I figure I can get more bang for the buck buying the parts and having someone toss it together for me.

I'd like to keep it within $3000-$3500 and need a computer and at the least a 24" display .

I make heavy use Adobe InDesign & Illustrator and use Photoshop lightly. I work with very large files, use have 1000's of fonts, perform a lot of mail merge/variable data functions from InDesign and work with large multi-page documents. A good color display is a must.  Need to find some good parts that work well together.

Thanks so much for your help!

well.. for what you're stating as requirements and budget.. a well specced HP Z-mini and one of those Z displays would make a nice match.

the Z-mini's are absolute rocketships and are quite easy to tuck away under a shop counter.

5 minutes ago, manikyath said:

well.. for what you're stating as requirements and budget.. a well specced HP Z-mini and one of those Z displays would make a nice match.

the Z-mini's are absolute rocketships and are quite easy to tuck away under a shop counter.

Thanks, I've never heard of the HP Z before i'll look into that. I have plenty of room for a tower case and monitor so that's not an issue.

Fairly on budget white ryzen build

Just inside budget treadripper build

Intel build with 64 gigs of ram

Your choise, your budget

An i7-8700 cpu with an oversized cpu cooler for quiet operation. More than enough cpu performance for the described work. 

I've included a factory color calibrated 32" 4K UHD monitor with a Quadro gpu for 10-bit color. The monitor includes an sd card reader and USB 3.0 ports

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($309.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock 4 CPU Cooler  ($66.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Asus - TUF H370-Pro Gaming (WI-FI) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($128.53 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Team - Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($125.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 2TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($349.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: PNY - Quadro P2000 5GB Video Card  ($424.40 @ Walmart) 
Case: Fractal Design - Define C ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Platinum 550W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($96.14 @ Amazon) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro Full 32/64-bit  ($125.89 @ Trusted Tech Team) 
Monitor: Asus - PA329Q 32.0" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor  ($1117.00 @ B&H) 
Keyboard: Microsoft - Wireless Desktop 3000 Wireless Standard Keyboard w/Optical Mouse  ($58.93 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2893.83
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-25 18:48 EDT-0400

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.