On 3/2/2019 at 1:53 PM, Stefan Payne said:

Yes, you are.

Yes and?!
How many OCP Channels do they have?
You know what it stands for?!

No, they don't.

And they seem to be rather slow with SCP:

https://www.tweakpc.de/hardware/tests/netzteile/superflower_leadex_ii/s07.php

Nop, you are. You said they lack protection which is definitely not the case. From your wording it looked to me like you meant that xD Ofc i know what they mean lol, just too bored to write them in full :P If you check here there are some cases the FSP platform is superior compared to the Superflower, as you said yourself. But in other cases the P2 pulls ahead.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/evga-supernova-650-p2-power-supply,4364-3.html

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/be-quiet-dark-power-pro-11-850w-power-supply,4140-3.html

The differences are too small to put them a tier apart i think. And it was in the top tier in the previous top listings as well (before they moved over to linus)

2 hours ago, Beerus said:

Nop, you are. You said they lack protection which is definitely not the case. From your wording it looked to me like you meant that xD Ofc i know what they mean lol, just too bored to write them in full :P If you check here there are some cases the FSP platform is superior compared to the Superflower, as you said yourself. But in other cases the P2 pulls ahead.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/evga-supernova-650-p2-power-supply,4364-3.html

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/be-quiet-dark-power-pro-11-850w-power-supply,4140-3.html

The differences are too small to put them a tier apart i think. And it was in the top tier in the previous top listings as well (before they moved over to linus)

(The whole list is being thrown down the trash soon, because errors in the list are so common)

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

12 hours ago, LienusLateTips said:

(The whole list is being thrown down the trash soon, because errors in the list are so common)

nooo

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

On 3/6/2019 at 9:01 PM, mxk. said:

nooo

(Don't worry there's a new one)

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

5 hours ago, LienusLateTips said:

(Don't worry there's a new one)

yayyyyyyy

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

If someone was willing to help with this, I think it has a lot of potential:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qaSSCWjC11ArO8WyBb_wTvFU_Ez9488F6ARkbag1e14/edit?usp=sharing

Instead of being subjective, it provides data such as topology, housekeeping IC, fan type, warranty, temp rating, link to review.  

Think about if that list was complete?  That would be the go to for PSU advice.  I just don't have the time to do it all by myself.

1 hour ago, jonnyGURU said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qaSSCWjC11ArO8WyBb_wTvFU_Ez9488F6ARkbag1e14/edit?usp=sharing

Instead of being subjective, it provides data such as topology, housekeeping IC, fan type, warranty, temp rating, link to review.  

Think about if that list was complete?  That would be the go to for PSU advice.  I just don't have the time to do it all by myself.

Bookmarked!
I would offer to help, but I'm not ashamed to admit I don't have the required knowledge to properly help with that sort of list. Reading Cybernetics/Aris reviews is about as technical as it gets for me.

As a replacement to the PSU tier list [on these forums] I don't think it will ever work. There's too much of a learning curve required to understand the information in it. The PSU tier list is really just good for people who have no idea what a PSU is or how it works, but just knows they need one and have been told if they buy a crap one it will blow up their computer. They don't know what a sleeve bearing or rifle bearing fan is, or care about the difference between LLC resonant and double forward.
Average user just wants to buy something off newegg/amazon that is cheap, stick it in their PC, and never think about that little magic black box again. PSU tier list may as well just be broken down in to 3 categories "Crap, don't buy", "Suitable for low-mid range systems", "Best units for high end systems" and it will still serve the same purpose. Anyone who wants better advice than that is better off making a post, stating their system specs, what country they're in, and getting actual proper help finding a suitable unit for their system available in their country for a reasonable price. (People who reply to those threads stating "Check the PSU tier list" are evil)

That's not to say that the doc you posted isn't helpful, it's just helpful in different ways. I don't think it will ever replace the "PSU Tier List", but we could definitely make use of a separate "PSU Database" for those who do have a little more understanding of what makes a PSU tick and want an aggregated source of information.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

8 minutes ago, Spotty said:

They don't know what a sleeve bearing or rifle bearing fan is, or care about the difference between LLC resonant and double forward.

Yes but buying a PSU is situational. Each of those categories should be easy to explain.

E.g.

Temp rating: Look for 40 or higher unless you’re in cold climates with good airflow into the computer.

APFC: Where are you using the PSU.

Primary topology: if you don’t want coil whine with a RTX 2070 or higher look for LLC resonant.

DCDC: For sleep states and beneficial for most systems using a >75w GPU. Indication of voltage regulation if no review available.

Efficiency and noise: Pretty self explanatory. Use a calculator to see if it’s worth.

Bearing: Sleeve only last a few years, rifle a couple more, FDB and ball bearing for long life.

2 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

I just don't have the time to do it all by mysel

You’ve been saying that for the past year about this list 

Im not sure how useful the Protection IC is. 

Because some protections are implemented in other ways.

Perhaps just a list of protections, and if any rails are excluded such the HY-510N.

And option for multiple review links. Some reviews miss useful information. Some reviews don’t even take photos.

Date or release might be useful too.

I’d be glad to help out with the list in any way.

43 minutes ago, Rexper said:

You’ve been saying that for the past year about this list 

Because my situation has not changed.  :D

Not sure why I added the protection IC.  I'm sure there was a good reason at the time.

3 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

I doubt it would ever be complete, too many PSUs that don't have reviews other than unboxings YT videos. Like it looks cool and works Amazon or New Egg type reviews etc.

And with more models coming out it seems all the time.

And to do actual real reviews they have to have the equipment and technical knowledge don't they?

The last review on your old site was back in Nov 2018.

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB DDR4 3200 GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27", Steel Series APEX PRO, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Corsair AXI 1600W Titanium. 

i7 8086K, AORUS Z370 Gaming 5, 16GB GSKILL RJV DDR4 3200, EVGA 2080TI FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, (2)SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500 GB, Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU, Corsair HXI 850W.

i7 8700K, AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, 16GB DDR4 3000, EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Corsair HX 850W.

How much you willing to pay? :D

be quiet L8 is based on the L8 plattform that they asked HEC to make for them...

As you know, before the L8 HEC had a 3 Heatsink Design like that:

https://www.computerdiy.com.tw/hec-cougar-400w/

The EVGA B-Series was released somewhere in 2013, the L8 is from 2011.

https://www.kitguru.net/components/power-supplies/zardon/be-quiet-pure-power-l8-630w-power-supply-review/4/ (no pics)

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/EVGA/500B/4.html

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Just now, Stefan Payne said:

How much you willing to pay? :D

Absolutely nothing as it doesn't help me personally at all.

Just now, Stefan Payne said:

be quiet L8 is based on the L8 plattform that they asked HEC to make for them...

As you know, before the L8 HEC had a 3 Heatsink Design like that:

https://www.computerdiy.com.tw/hec-cougar-400w/

The EVGA B-Series was released somewhere in 2013, the L8 is from 2011.

https://www.kitguru.net/components/power-supplies/zardon/be-quiet-pure-power-l8-630w-power-supply-review/4/ (no pics)

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/EVGA/500B/4.html

If you're willing to fix anything, you're more than welcome to.  PM me your email and I'll give you access to edit.

6 minutes ago, Ankerson said:

The last review on your old site was back in Nov 2018.

Yeah.  The migration from phpNuke to Wordpress is taking a lot more time than anyone would've expected.  Add to it that jonnyguru.com is nobody's "full time job".

4 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Yeah.  The migration from phpNuke to Wordpress is taking a lot more time than anyone would've expected.  Add to it that jonnyguru.com is nobody's "full time job".

I am not complaining.

I am sure it is a lot of work and takes a lot of time.

Especially the PSU reviews

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB DDR4 3200 GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27", Steel Series APEX PRO, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Corsair AXI 1600W Titanium. 

i7 8086K, AORUS Z370 Gaming 5, 16GB GSKILL RJV DDR4 3200, EVGA 2080TI FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, (2)SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500 GB, Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU, Corsair HXI 850W.

i7 8700K, AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, 16GB DDR4 3000, EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Corsair HX 850W.

7 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

I'll probably work on it a bit...

I don't think it would ever be a viable alternative to a subjective tier list, as there's quite a different knowledge level between looking at a number, and then choosing one of the things below that number, and scrolling through a spreadsheet, looking at topologies and platforms.

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

8 hours ago, LienusLateTips said:

I'll probably work on it a bit...

I don't think it would ever be a viable alternative to a subjective tier list, as there's quite a different knowledge level between looking at a number, and then choosing one of the things below that number, and scrolling through a spreadsheet, looking at topologies and platforms.

A tier column could be added once all the data is culled. Since it is a spreadsheet, we can sort the entire table by the value in a column. 

1 hour ago, jonnyGURU said:

A tier column could be added once all the data is culled. Since it is a spreadsheet, we can sort the entire table by the value in a column. 

Good idea, it would make the list much more friendly to less knowledgeable users. It would also serve to educate people about the criteria that decide tier placement.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

I'm confused why the older and not-maintained PSU Tier List is still pinned in this section and this one is not.  If the maker of this thread is updating it for newer PSUs shouldn't it supplant that older tier list so we get a maintainer? 

Just seems odd that the old thread, like this one, is still getting new posts about PSU checking: "Is this [cheap PSU] good?" questions that this one gets.

12 hours ago, Happuness said:

Which one will be good from this 3?

1. Antec Neo Eco 550m
  2. Cooler Master Master Watt 550 Semi Fanless
  3. Gigabyte PB500 500W

MasterWatt is still the best.

10 hours ago, LogicWeasel said:

I'm confused why the older and not-maintained PSU Tier List is still pinned in this section and this one is not.  If the maker of this thread is updating it for newer PSUs shouldn't it supplant that older tier list so we get a maintainer? 

Just seems odd that the old thread, like this one, is still getting new posts about PSU checking: "Is this [cheap PSU] good?" questions that this one gets.

The original one is more accurate. However, we will be releasing a better one, sometime this week.

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

1 minute ago, LienusLateTips said:

The original one is more accurate. However, we will be releasing a better one, sometime this week.

Updating it again, or making a new list?

Just now, Ankerson said:

Updating it again, or making a new list?

New list. You may notice the thread is now listed as "List 2.1"

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

Just now, LienusLateTips said:

New list. You may notice the thread is now listed as "List 2.1"

AH, OK, nice. :)

12 hours ago, LienusLateTips said:

MasterWatt is still the best.

Thanks bro.

All of this psu are out of stock tho.

And this cooler master psu cost extra compared to antec/thermaltake.

Let's see If I can get this cm psu tomorrow :/