PSU Tier List 2.1 - LEGACY

LienusLateTips
1 hour ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

I am curious, do you work for Be Quiet?, Or are you just a "fanboy" towards their products?

He is a proud German, so he would usually recommend be quiet, Bitfenix, Cougar.

3 minutes ago, Rexper said:

and it's generally cheaper. That's why I can get cooler master pretty cheap, their headoffice (I thought of europe, not sure) is about 50 meters from the local hardware store I partly bought my pc

36 minutes ago, Rexper said:

The way he said "You have to send it in yourself", made me think he works as behalf of Be Quiet, purely because of the dysphemism. No, the manufacturer is accountable for any damages the consumer may occur; that being cost of shipping the dead product back to the store or manufacturer, or if the damage to other goods caused by the failing of said defective product.

5 hours ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

I am curious, do you work for Be Quiet?, Or are you just a "fanboy" towards their products?

Why do you think that?
Has nothing to do with this thread. And I like more local, smaller manufacturers more than the "big 3", so I recommend mostly smaller companys, if I can and think their products are good.

3 hours ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

The way he said "You have to send it in yourself"

why?!

In his case, he has 3 Years from the Shop he bought it in. That means in that time, the Shop sents the unit for him to Germany. 

Don't know if its a local store or an online one, but that doesn't really matter.

The advantage is that he saves much money for shipping.

The disadvantage is that the turnaround time is much longer. 

Here in Germany, for some Brands you have to send it to the Netherlands. 

That means more than double the shipping cost.

An insured package is like 7€ (DHL) or if you really want to, you can get one for 5€.

To the Netherlands its 15€.

So I'm aware of the Shipping cost Issue in Germany...

3 hours ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

, made me think he works as behalf of Be Quiet, purely because of the dysphemism. No, the manufacturer is accountable for any damages the consumer may occur; that being cost of shipping the dead product back to the store or manufacturer, or if the damage to other goods caused by the failing of said defective product.

???

Never said anything about that, why bring it even up??

Thing is that in his case, the Store offers 3 Year Warranty, Manufacturer 5 Years, that caused a bit confusion...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

1 minute ago, Stefan Payne said:

Why do you think that?
Has nothing to do with this thread. And I like more local, smaller manufacturers more than the "big 3", so I recommend mostly smaller hear, if I can and think their products are good.

most people can't stand a different opinion, that's why you often here "you're a fanboy, sell out" and other dumb shit

Hi all.

Coming from here: Problem with my PSU, shut down after 10min of game

My question is, what is the best PSU i can get in with 17,6 cm avaible? (including conectors and wires) (my actual PSU (not working properly) is SilverStone Strider 1000W which is 16.1 cm and everything is fit thigtly but without issue).

Im looking, at 750+W, as i have plenity of hard drives (4xSSD, 4xHDD), RGB lights and fans fan controllers, pump, pcie sound card etc. if it can give more juice headroom the better (the machine runs OC 24/7).

Thank you very much

PS: Corsair AX860 (i'm runing it borrowed) coil whine is driving me crazy, so if the issue is still not solved i will avoid it completly.

I don't see the Corsair TXM semi-modular PSU's in here. I assume this is a tier A to tier B PSU?

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

1 hour ago, mxk. said:

I don't see the Corsair TXM semi-modular PSU's in here. I assume this is a tier A to tier B PSU?

Depends. If you don’t mind the noise or low hold up time and a Corsair RMX / EVGA G3 / Bitfenix Whisper is out of reach, the PSU is a good option.

You should list your full system specs and location for a recommendation though.

Thoughts on FSP Hydro GE 650W Gold PSU? I'm pairing it with a Ryzen 5 2600 and ASUS Strix Vega 56.

Hi, I do not know much about psu but why is the lite masterwatt in range D? Should not this be in F at least?

On 12/18/2018 at 12:06 AM, Rexper said:

snip

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor $190.00
CPU Cooler EVGA - CLC 280 113.5 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Purchased For $74.99
Motherboard Gigabyte - Z390 AORUS PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $181.10 @ Amazon
Memory ADATA - XPG SPECTRIX D41 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory $119.99 @ Newegg
Storage Crucial - MX500 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $42.99 @ Amazon
Storage Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Purchased For $0.00
Video Card EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB FTW2 GAMING iCX Video Card Purchased For $379.99
Case Fractal Design - Meshify C White TG ATX Mid Tower Case $89.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply Corsair - TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $53.98 @ Newegg
Case Fan be quiet! - Pure Wings 2 120 PWM 87 CFM 120mm Fan $10.49 @ SuperBiiz
Monitor Asus - MG248QR 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor Purchased For $209.99
Keyboard Corsair - K55 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard Purchased For $49.99
Mouse Logitech - G305 (Black) Wireless Optical Mouse Purchased For $54.99
External Storage Seagate - Backup Plus 1 TB External Hard Drive Purchased For $49.99
Other Turquoise Cables Purchased For $93.46
Other Dell 1905FP 1280x1024 60hz 20ms Purchased
Other Fractal Design Meshify C Front Panel - Sky Blue $33.97
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total (before mail-in rebates) $1676.89
  Mail-in rebates -$20.00
  Total $1656.89
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-19 11:46 EST-0500  

I'm not buying the g3, even if it goes on sale. I'm not buying my PSU for another 2ish weeks, and I doubt the TXM is going to be the same price by then. It all depends on prices and this list.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

On 12/19/2018 at 5:36 PM, ZeonRx said:

Hi, I do not know much about psu but why is the lite masterwatt in range D? Should not this be in F at least?

wasnt it just a rebranded B2 with a better fan or something? MWE should be put in D, this one is straight F tho

Why is the Leadex II not tier s? It's a top 3 platform atm. And why is there no EVGA G3 in there? Also tier s.

Why are two ancient Antec psus in tier s? Just because they're made by Delta, regardless of how they perform by today's standards?

Ryzen 5 2600 3.9Ghz all cores 1.175V | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | 16GB ADATA Gammix D10 @ 3000C16 | Sapphire RX 5700 XT Pulse | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250GB & 2x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Super Flower Leadex II 650W | Phanteks P350X

Asus VG245HE 24" 1080p 75hz | Logitech X-540 5.1 | Logitech G710+ MX Brown | Logitech G502 Hero | Logitech G440

1 hour ago, rares495 said:

And why is there no EVGA G3 in there? Also tier s.

One reviewer didn't find the protections to be completely suitable.

This list is subjective. it's just OP's opinions on different units.

It's impossible for a list like this to have no disagreements.

Just now, Rexper said:

One reviewer didn't find the protections to be completely suitable.

This list is subjective. it's just OP's opinions on different units.

It's impossible for a list like this to have no disagreements.

Would you please share a link to that review?

Ryzen 5 2600 3.9Ghz all cores 1.175V | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | 16GB ADATA Gammix D10 @ 3000C16 | Sapphire RX 5700 XT Pulse | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250GB & 2x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Super Flower Leadex II 650W | Phanteks P350X

Asus VG245HE 24" 1080p 75hz | Logitech X-540 5.1 | Logitech G710+ MX Brown | Logitech G502 Hero | Logitech G440

Ok so there's nothing wrong with the unit itself, it's just an amateur's opinion about OPP that's keeping it from reaching tier s. Gotcha.

Allow me to trust OW from jonnyguru.com over Aris Mpitziopoulos? Whoever that guy is...from tom's hardware. I mean Just Buy It dude, it's RTX!

4 minutes ago, rares495 said:

Ok so there's nothing wrong with the unit itself, it's just an amateur's opinion about OPP that's keeping it from reaching tier s. Gotcha.

Allow me to trust OW from jonnyguru.com over Aris Mpitziopoulos? Whoever that guy is...from tom's hardware. I mean Just Buy It dude, it's RTX!

You have no idea how hard we're laughing. At you, that is. 

:)

1 minute ago, rares495 said:

Allow me to trust OW from jonnyguru.com over Aris Mpitziopoulos? Whoever that guy is...from tom's hardware.

Ummm....

Where do we start?

The fact that Aris's equipment is worth tens of thousands of euros more than OklahomaWolf's?
That OW doesn't even test protections?

That Aris is probably the leading power supply review, and in charge of the Cybenetics program...

Whether you consider the protection flaws relevant to you or not, it is plain ignorant to suggest Aris is an amateur.

Ok, excuse my ignorance. Just never heard of the guy.

So apparently the Corsair Vengeance is on par with the Corsair RMX.

While the Corsair CXM is two tiers below...

Make up your mind, lol. They're literally the same but the CXM uses less Japanese caps, whatever that means (marketing).

Read some reviews, http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=492

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/corsair-cx650m-psu,4770-3.html

Corsair CX550M 80 Plus Bronze or Cooler Master Master White 550 80 plus bronze, both with 5 years warranty?

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/28/2018 at 5:28 PM, siggames said:

Corsair CX550M 80 Plus Bronze or Cooler Master Master White 550 80 plus bronze, both with 5 years warranty?

CX550M

On 12/27/2018 at 1:28 AM, Rexper said:

So apparently the Corsair Vengeance is on par with the Corsair RMX.

While the Corsair CXM is two tiers below...

Make up your mind, lol. They're literally the same but the CXM uses less Japanese caps, whatever that means (marketing).

Read some reviews, http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=492

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/corsair-cx650m-psu,4770-3.html

Yeah, I was working on a redo of the whole list... but I haven't worked on it for a while.

Someone, please take over the tier list...

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.