Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Strange ticking sound when turning on and off, Asus VX279N

k00n

Every time I turn the monitor on and off, there's a strange tick sound for 4 - 5 seconds when the monitor is turning on and off, where the Asus Splash screen comes on.
The monitor works fine and I have been doing all my post production stuff on this guy and it's quite a delight. This is the only problem I have with the display and there's no strutter, flicker or any of that. It's fairly new, as I got it 3 months ago. I haven't noticed the sound because I have a fan in my room which is on full speed all the time and the sound's quite faint. 

Should I get it replaced? 

defidently have Asus replace it under warrany. it could have had a problem since it arived.

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

On 10/25/2018 at 10:37 AM, LamoidZombieDog said:

defidently have Asus replace it under warrany. it could have had a problem since it arived.

it was the stand being lose. silly me. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/28/2018 at 9:23 AM, k00n said:

it was the stand being lose. silly me. 

seriously? there was creaking from the crappy plastic stand when ever you pressed the power button and you thought that was a problem with the device?

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!