How do I let Youtube (through my browser) use my GPU?

VG Docs
Go to solution Solved by VG Docs,
2 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Youtube uses VP9, which the 750ti doesn't have hardware acceleration support for. That said, as long as the video works, does it really matter?

GM206 is the only maxwell card with hardware decoding of VP9

It works but I'd like for it to not be choppy when doing other things in the background :P

Thanks for the answer though.

My friend (who has a 4690, 16gb ram, gtx 1060 with gpu usage at ~30%) is able to use his graphics card for youtube playback. I can't seem to achieve this kind of hardware acceleration for playback and even 4k60 videos use less than 15% of my video card. Anyone know how I can change this? I tried Chrome and Firefox, with "Use hardware acceleration when available" enabled on Chrome.

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

32 minutes ago, Trogdor8freebird said:

My friend (who has a 4690, 16gb ram, gtx 1060 with gpu usage at ~30%) is able to use his graphics card for youtube playback. I can't seem to achieve this kind of hardware acceleration for playback and even 4k60 videos use less than 15% of my video card. Anyone know how I can change this? I tried Chrome and Firefox, with "Use hardware acceleration when available" enabled on Chrome.

Youtube uses VP9, which the 750ti doesn't have hardware acceleration support for. That said, as long as the video works, does it really matter?

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

2 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

It works but I'd like for it to not be choppy when doing other things in the background :P

Thanks for the answer though.

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

4 hours ago, Trogdor8freebird said:

Use SMPlayer with SMTube addon. And your YouTube will be much faster and smoother.