Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Board melting/Astro a40

The Real Deadpool

Hello all,

I'm currently having a problem with my new setup I have found the Problem but do not have a solution to it. This problem seems to be a one of a kind on the internet (i looked for  quite a bit)

Current Problem;

• Case Circuit board overheats (where to 2 USB 3.0 Ports are)  It has somewhat melted the layer off the board. :c
  • Astro A40 +mix amp When plugged into said ports will make a smell like plastic burning. My old setup when I restarted the pc it would not start up until I unplugged the Astros which led to my CPU being reset to factory settings
  • Nothing online about this problem

I do not have a solution to this and would rather not plug it directly into the motherboard ports in the back, so if there is any suggestions besides contacting support and waiting a while help would be greatly appreciated.

If you need more Pc specs will edit them in

b450-a-pro MB

1080 Msi GPU

750W PSU (cx750m)

Ryzen 5 2600  (currently overclocked problem started b4 overclock)

Edited by The Real Deadpool
added missing infor

20 minutes ago, The Real Deadpool said:

Case Circuit board overheats (where to 2 USB 3.0 Ports are)  It has somewhat melted the layer off the board. :c

Can you post a photo of the affected area?

21 minutes ago, The Real Deadpool said:

b450-a-pro MB

From what you have described, it does not sound like something that you will be able to fix. Your motherboard should still be within warranty, so contact MSI for support and an RMA on the board.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

affected area?

(This is part of the case circuit board as said above)

20181024_210056.jpg

14 minutes ago, The Real Deadpool said:

(This is part of the case circuit board as said above)

Oh I see, it's part of the case not the motherboard.

In that case contact your case manufacturer for support.

What case is it?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

12 hours ago, Spotty said:

What case is it?

Fractal Design Meshify C  (got it Tuesday)

5 minutes ago, The Real Deadpool said:

Fractal Design Meshify C  (got it Tuesday)

Contact Fractal Design Support and explain the issue. They'll likely send out a replacement USB hub.

11 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Contact Fractal Design Support and explain the issue. They'll likely send out a replacement USB hub.

Thank you although I was trying to avoid this at first I feel it might be the Astro mix-amp because it only occurs with this device and (i accidentally just noticed I left out, apologies i think faster than i type) My old setup when I restarted the pc it would not start up until I unplugged the Astros which led to my CPU being reset to factory settings

Your headset/amp may be faulty, may be trying to draw too much power through the USB port. Not sure. 

If the headset/amp caused the same issue in another PC, you should contact Astro support and stop using it.