Will this air cooler block the memory?

Raketenwerfer43
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,
Just now, Raketenwerfer43 said:

This means I can resort to using the second (A2) and fourth (B2) DIMM slot when installing the memory, whilst still having enough room for the CPU cooler, right?

Yep, you can use the slots further away from the socket. 

Hi there,

I'm building a new PC with an ASUS TUF B450-Plus Gaming ATX motherboard with the DeepCool GAMMAXX GT RGB CPU cooler, and for memory I'm considering using the Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200MHz which stands higher than most RAM at 53mm tall.

I was wondering whether there would be enough clearance for this RAM to fit according to the diagram below? As I don't know how far the DIMM slots are away from the CPU fan on the motherboard.

cct.gif

Any help on this query would be very much appreciated.

Looks like it'd be close and might put a bit of pressure on the ram if you use the closest slot.

Spoiler

1f4f52b6911367d0089a8fe43b4b4d0d.jpginstalled5.jpg

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Looks like it'd be close and might put a bit of pressure on the ram if you use the closest slot.

Reveal hidden contents

1f4f52b6911367d0089a8fe43b4b4d0d.jpginstalled5.jpg

Thank you so much for your visual explanation!

I read through the manual for the motherboard and I found this:

1110375688_ScreenShot2018-10-25at6_29_04pm.png.5d83b0153187bd7ca160817c8db45c76.png

This means I can resort to using the second (A2) and fourth (B2) DIMM slot when installing the memory, whilst still having enough room for the CPU cooler, right?

(Pardon me for the obvious question, trying to be especially careful before I buy the RAM).

Thanks again for your great help.

Just now, Raketenwerfer43 said:

Yep, you can use the slots further away from the socket. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

yeap also if the ram comes with tall heat sinks. that could be another issue to.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC