Whats app being weaponised for Brazil election

YaBoiWill

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-45956557

TLDR: phone numbers are being gathered either illegally or legally, and being put into what's app groups, then being sent loads of stuff, be it marketing or political

People can use a scanner to input key words or groups, then it goes around the web finding numbers from facebook or wherever.

Then the people are sent memes with a message, be it political like smear campaigns, or marketing like "buy this new kettle and make tea is milliseconds" (not and actually quote) 

Marketers are freely admitting that they are doing this, but said its not a particularly efficient way of doing it compared to more conventional methods

@LinusTech @Slick possible wan topic? 

I make intelligent lights do cool things

That's a new one

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

Breaking news: spam callers are generating random phone numbers and selling scams to people over the phone.

Oh wait, sorry, I though it was 1980.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Breaking news: spam callers are generating random phone numbers and selling scams to people over the phone.

Oh wait, sorry, I though it was 1980.

Nearest cliff is that way.

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

@YaBoiWill Please do not forget to include a quote relating to the article and opinion/point of discussion as per the Tech News. As of currently it has been moved to General Discussion until updated. 

Maybe better then Weapons being weaponized for political use?

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

As a Brazilian, the fake news are a really big problem. The candidate  Jair Bolsonaro - which is pretty much the antichrist - has lots of crazy voters. People that believe the opposition will choose the sex of children when they are 5yo, or that "they" are giving penis shaped bottles to infants in the daycarr to turn them gay. Its nasty stuff 

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

2 hours ago, Taja said:

As a Brazilian, the fake news are a really big problem. The candidate  Jair Bolsonaro - which is pretty much the antichrist - has lots of crazy voters. People that believe the opposition will choose the sex of children when they are 5yo, or that "they" are giving penis shaped bottles to infants in the daycarr to turn them gay. Its nasty stuff 

I'm also brazilian and totally agree... ?

8 hours ago, Taja said:

And the opposition is a puppet man to the now incarcerated president Lula, a president who had no qualification and backed up the worst ever corruption scandal in Brazil. PT sucked Brazilians dry for the last decade and everybody knows that, i wish we had better choices for alternatives to the PT scum, but i'm voting for Bolsonaro in this one.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

2 hours ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

And the opposition is a puppet man to the now incarcerated president Lula, a president who had no qualification and backed up the worst ever corruption scandal in Brazil. PT sucked Brazilians dry for the last decade and everybody knows that, i wish we had better choices for alternatives to the PT scum, but i'm voting for Bolsonaro in this one.

Im not radical so I wont start a political discussion and I believe EVERYONE is entitled to their vote, as much as i disagree with them.

That being said, the only reason im voting for PT (which I never tought would happen) is Bolsonaro himself. If it were any other person, literally, I would vote for them, but Bolsonaro is goes against all my core values and I think he is incopetent at. At least if PT Wins they will have a fierce opposition and wont do much damage.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.