Some Questions about Capture Cards / Streaming

Rito101

okay so this is probably the sketchiest thing i have given thought to in the past couple days, long story short im planning a build thats got a Capture Card in it ( Avermedia Live Gamer 4k ), however i want to be able to use that capture card in the same PC that ill be using for gaming / content Source so i have some questions and i hope someone can answer

1-) so since ive never used a capture card before, is it possible to use the Capture card as "internal Capture" without having to run an HDMI wire from my GPU to the Card ?

2-) is there a way to have like 2 monitors on the same PC, But Primary monitor is for gaming full screen and the secondary monitor for navigating the desktop and doing other things ? 

like is there a way i could use the GPU output for Full screen Gaming on a 1440p 144hz monitor while using the output of the intel gpu on the CPU for the secondary 1080p monitor for desktop use ?

7 minutes ago, Rito101 said:

okay so this is probably the sketchiest thing i have given thought to in the past couple days, long story short im planning a build thats got a Capture Card in it ( Avermedia Live Gamer 4k ), however i want to be able to use that capture card in the same PC that ill be using for gaming / content Source so i have some questions and i hope someone can answer

1-) so since ive never used a capture card before, is it possible to use the Capture card as "internal Capture" without having to run an HDMI wire from my GPU to the Card ?

2-) is there a way to have like 2 monitors on the same PC, But Primary monitor is for gaming full screen and the secondary monitor for navigating the desktop and doing other things ? 

like is there a way i could use the GPU output for Full screen Gaming on a 1440p 144hz monitor while using the output of the intel gpu on the CPU for the secondary 1080p monitor for desktop use ?

So basically, you dont need a capture card. 

2.) Yes, just plug the gaming monitor to GPU and secondary to iGPU. 

Just now, WereCat said:

if thats really it then idk why it sounded complex in my mind xD

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

btw wont doing that cause the screen to get duplicated or something ?

Just now, Rito101 said:

btw wont doing that cause the screen to get duplicated or something ?

No.

You can have game opened on one and other stuff on the other. 

Bjt if you want to do things on the secondary without having to minimize the game, you will have to play in Windowed/Borderless mode. 

The issue with that is if you are using FreeSync or GSync and you dont play on FullScreen, you may run into stuttering issues. But thats because of Windows. 

3 minutes ago, WereCat said:

No.

You can have game opened on one and other stuff on the other. 

Bjt if you want to do things on the secondary without having to minimize the game, you will have to play in Windowed/Borderless mode. 

The issue with that is if you are using FreeSync or GSync and you dont play on FullScreen, you may run into stuttering issues. But thats because of Windows. 

and thats kinda what im trying to avoid

i dont want to run it in "Extended Mode" or duplicated, i want the 1440p 144hz monitor for Full Screen Gaming "not windowed" while monitoring my recording/stream on the second monitor which is like 1080p 60hz

2 minutes ago, Rito101 said:

and thats kinda what im trying to avoid

i dont want to run it in "Extended Mode" or duplicated, i want the 1440p 144hz monitor for Full Screen Gaming "not windowed" while monitoring my recording/stream on the second monitor which is like 1080p 60hz

Thats exactly like my old setup. 

165Hz 1440p from my NVIDIA card

60Hz 1080p from my i7 Haswell iGPU. 

Now I run 165Hz 1440p, 60Hz 1440p, Oculus Rift from my NVIDIA card and 60Hz 1440p from my i7 Haswell iGPU. 

IMG_20180721_181925.thumb.jpg.6976ed3816ae4585ef5eaa9a7de396e9.jpg