Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ASUS PG279Q Monitor Weird Issues

SALEEN961

For the past few weeks my monitor will randomly stop displaying any image and the OSD won't show up to let me change inputs. If I turn the monitor off using the power button it turns off, but when I press the button again to turn it back on nothing happens, no power LED, nothing. If I unplug the monitor from the wall and plug it back everything works normally until the next time it happens which might be a few days or a few hours.

This initially started happening after adding a second input to the monitor, previously I was only using the DP connection, now I'm using both the DP and HDMI connections and switching inputs through the monitor's OSD. When this first started happening it seemed to only happen when switching inputs and I initially thought I must have miss clicked on some sleep setting, but it has started happening at other times when I''m not touching the monitor at all.

When I woke up yesterday morning the monitor was flashing on and off like it was going in and out of sleep mode rapidly, as soon as I touched the mouse it acted like it woke up from sleep mode and everything was normal until I walked away for too long and it did it again, I restarted my PC since then and it hasn't done this again yet.

Any ideas on what could possibly be going on here?

i9-10900K, Asus ROG STRIX Z590-E Gaming WiFi, Asus TUF RTX3080, 32GB G.Skill 3200MHz CL14

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB, EVGA Supernova 850W G3, Asus Xonar DGX

Fractal Design Define C TG, Noctua NH-U14S, Asus PG279Q 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz

What does it do if you revert back to just the DP connection?

2 minutes ago, Ralphred said:

What does it do if you revert back to just the DP connection?

Due to the intermittent nature of the issue I'm not sure yet, it seems to only act up with 2 PCs connected, but I haven't had just one PC connected to the monitor for long enough since the issue first started to say with confidence that it acts normally with only the DP connection in use.

i9-10900K, Asus ROG STRIX Z590-E Gaming WiFi, Asus TUF RTX3080, 32GB G.Skill 3200MHz CL14

I'm gonna sound like the doctor replying to "It hurt's if I do this..." but...

From what you've described there seems to be some conflict in identifying which source is active, and in the case of both sources being active, choosing one and sticking with it.

If you can force your secondary input to switch itself off (like set the power setting to power off the monitor after 2 minutes) do so and see how it goes.

If you can't, try unplugging you secondary input as long as you can and watch for errant behaviour.

Also, how old is your monitor?

The monitor is about 13 months old at this point