Is it ok to use Ultraduster directly on my pc parts?

Agilapathy

Not sure what catagory this question goes in, and surprisingly I haven’t found a lot of info on it, but is this specific brand of compressed air ok for dusting things out such as my graphics card/motherboard/any other internal part of of my pc? It said it had bitterant, which is something I’ve never seen on any other brands.

128EAC9E-368A-43EE-8C25-A18DE70F0ED6.thumb.jpeg.cf45d84c2150384811b3dc463b1ecc41.jpeg

It's just compressed air, nothing more, nothing less.  The marketing department just throws on some fancy words to make the buyer think they are getting something special.  Personally, I use an air compressor out in the garage.  It maintains 125psi and I use it to clean out my pc once a month.  If money is tight, you could always take the pc down to the local gas station and use their compressor to blow out your machine.

A bitterant (or bittering agent) is a chemical that is added to a product to make it smell or taste bitter. Bitterants are commonly used as aversive agents to discourage the inhalation or ingestion of toxicsubstances.

this is also something nintento uses on their switch cardridges.

AIR DUSTER IS NOT “CANNED AIR”

Most aerosol duster contains a refrigerant/propellant that cannot be considered “air”. As a matter of fact, breathing too much of these vapors can lead to negative health effects. Hence the Bitterant.

Full story here: https://www.techspray.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-air-duster-but-were-afraid-to-ask

In Short: only the can itself is conductive as it is made from metal but the content is not.

Positive Mental Additude!

Just another Tired IT guy...

17 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

It's just compressed air, nothing more, nothing less.  The marketing department just throws on some fancy words to make the buyer think they are getting something special.  Personally, I use an air compressor out in the garage.  It maintains 125psi and I use it to clean out my pc once a month.  If money is tight, you could always take the pc down to the local gas station and use their compressor to blow out your machine.

unless you have a very good oil separator, which you might idk, you are spraying your PC parts with oil when using your air compressor which is not great. its probably not a lot but still

the bitterant is in there because its not compressed air, but rather some compressed gas as @FastRDust said and that gas isnt great for you generally. its not something thats going to drop you dead instantly but because its not good it has bitterant to deter you from getting it in you in large amounts.

I wouldnt spray my PC parts with this stuff either, as it could leave stuff behind but if i was just cleaning out removed heatsinks it would be fine. its entirely possible that its fine to spray this stuff on electronics but i wouldnt myself

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Use a tube or straw and use your lungs :P

Positive Mental Additude!

Just another Tired IT guy...