are you afraid of the dark and silence?

Ashley MLP Fangirl

see title. 

i'm really scared of the dark. i get very anxious if i'm at a place outside at night where there's no lights, and i can't sleep without a light on... i'll just recall a bunch of scary movies i've seen and stuff and then i can't fall asleep. 

i also get anxious when it's totally silent. i can't sleep without having some kind of audio, usually a replay of a gaming stream or something... or sometimes music. i just put my phone on my nightstand playing audio when i sleep... 

i'd like to know if i'm just weird or...

She/Her

Absolute darkness like in a cave can be freaky.  Doesn't take long to get disoriented or start "seeing" things.

As for absolute silence you can't hear your pulse?

Just now, Javilen said:

Absolute darkness like in a cave can be freaky.  Doesn't take long to get disoriented or start "seeing" things.

or hearing all the random knocks and stuff and not seeing if something's there... 

1 minute ago, Javilen said:

As for absolute silence you can't hear your pulse?

i can hear a high tone constantly (maybe from loud music i dunno) but yeah i don't like it. i just get really anxious in total silence. i hate it. 

She/Her

5 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

or hearing all the random knocks and stuff and not seeing if something's there... 

Maybe if it is combined with Sleep Paralysis.  Usually, it never gets dark enough for me to have problems.

7 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

i can hear a high tone constantly (maybe from loud music i dunno) but yeah i don't like it. i just get really anxious in total silence. i hate it. 

Defiantly hearing damage.  Not sure if you could do anything about that.

I frequently walk in the pitch dark, and complete silence, it's meh. I used to be scared of the dark, thinking demons would get me like in my nightmares but I learned that doesn't happen irl

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

It's not so much that people are afraid of the dark, they're afraid of what's in it.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Javilen said:

Maybe if it is combined with Sleep Paralysis.  Usually, it never gets dark enough for me to have problems.

my room is always completely dark unless i have a light on. 

2 minutes ago, Javilen said:

Defiantly hearing damage.  Not sure if you could do anything about that.

i've had it for years... it hasn't gotten worse or anything. i used to be an idiot when i was younger and listened to music at max volume and stuff. i don't anymore. 

1 minute ago, aki adaki said:

I frequently walk in the pitch dark, and complete silence, it's meh. I used to be scared of the dark, thinking demons would get me like in my nightmares but I learned that doesn't happen irl

i know nothing i imagine actually happens but then i keep imagining terrifying things and then i tell myself that can't happen, and then i just imagine something else again :(  

Just now, Drak3 said:

It's not so much that people are afraid of the dark, they're afraid of what's in it.

or what their imagination imagines is there.... 

She/Her

Just now, firelighter487 said:

or what their imagination imagines is there.... 

Pretty sure druggies and Fazbear are real.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

I prefer silence but then again I have 4 kids, so... 

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

1 minute ago, Jtalk4456 said:

I prefer silence but then again I have 4 kids, so... 

You're old.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

We recently had a power outage in our town at around 10 o'clock about a week ago. Because we lived so far away and in the middle of the tundra it was effectively pitch black and ominously quiet. Which I wanted to go exploring but we recently saw bears in our area so I decided I didn't want to test the bears night vision.

'IM THE VIDEO GAME BOY, IM THE ONE WHO WINS' - Arin Hanson

Na, I like darkness especially near pitch black. 

I've got blackout curtains for a reason. 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

14 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

You're old.

Only 26

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

1 minute ago, Jtalk4456 said:

Only 26

You're ancient.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

You're ancient.

Ancient and wise

Just now, Jtalk4456 said:

Ancient and wise

Just ancient.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Darkness? Nah. 

Silence makes me restless and anxious though. I always have fans running in my bedroom for that reason, to keep me from getting restless when going to bed.

New Build (The Compromise): CPU - i7 9700K @ 5.1Ghz Mobo - ASRock Z390 Taichi | RAM - 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200CL14 @ 3466 14-14-14-30 1T | GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI | Cooler - Corsair h100i Pro | SSDs - 500 GB 960 EVO + 500 GB 850 EVO + 1TB MX300 | Case - Coolermaster H500 | PSUEVGA 850 P2 | Monitor - LG 32GK850G-B 144hz 1440p | OSWindows 10 Pro. 

Peripherals - Corsair K70 Lux RGB | Corsair Scimitar RGB | Audio-technica ATH M50X + Antlion Modmic 5 |

CPU/GPU history: Athlon 6000+/HD4850 > i7 2600k/GTX 580, R9 390, R9 Fury > i7 7700K/R9 Fury, 1080TI > Ryzen 1700/1080TI > i7 9700K/1080TI.

Other tech: Surface Pro 4 (i5/128GB), Lenovo Ideapad Y510P w/ Kali, OnePlus 6T (8G/128G), PS4 Slim.

Just now, Phentos said:

Darkness? Nah. 

Silence makes me restless and anxious though. I always have fans running in my bedroom for that reason, to keep me from getting restless when going to bed.

i just always have either a stream or youtube playing at night... 

She/Her

"afraid" of the dark, no, but it makes me uneasy.

i don't like absolute silence, I prefer ambiance. during summer i have a fan in my bedroom that provides ambient sound. in winter i generally have my phone playing some form of noise, either music, podcasts or "white noise" (like rain and thunderstorms)

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

3 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

Only 26

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

You're ancient.

Geez, what does that make me? Prehistoric? Truman was President when I was born, you young whippersnappers!

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

i love my old friend darkness and sound of silence, unless in unfamiliar places

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

1 minute ago, Arika S said:

i don't like absolute silence, I prefer ambiance. during summer i have a fan in my bedroom that provides ambient. in winter i generally have my phone playing some form of noise, either music, podcasts or "white noise" (like rain and thunderstorms)

ambient noise to me is better than nothing, but i fall asleep fastest when listening to streams or youtube video's of lets plays. weird i know. 

She/Her

2 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Geez, what does that make me? Prehistoric? Truman was President when I was born, you young whippersnappers!

Don't feel too bad, I am much older at heart. Danny Kaye is still my favorite musician

My two favourite things, there's something about the dark that's comforting and especially the silence. We encounter so much noise each day so when it's genuinelly silent i love it. Plus it's easier to listen to the voices in my head.

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s