Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is 60mm neodymium better than 50mm neodymium for gaming?

CyberFern0

Hey, I was just wondering if Versus.com is reliable because I’m deciding whether or not to buy a Asus ROG Strix Wireless headset.

I’m trying to decide between Asus ROG Strix Wireless and Corsair HS70. The Asus is 60 while the HS70 is 50. Which one will cover my ears better and cut out ambient sounds (pots and pans)? Which one just sounds better? 

No one knows how they will fit over your ears... I have my own ears. Read the reviews and make your decision based off that. Bigger isnt always better and more expensive isnt always nicer

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

8 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

No one knows how they will fit over your ears... I have my own ears. Read the reviews and make your decision based off that. Bigger isnt always better and more expensive isnt always nicer

In general, which will cover average sized ears and block out ambient sounds

11 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

In general, which will cover average sized ears and block out ambient sounds

Whichever one is closed back, if either, will block out sounds better, but only actual noise cancelling headphones will do it well. The size of the driver also doesn’t determine the size of the ear cup, so the smaller driver could have a bigger cup, or vice versa

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

9 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

Whichever one is closed back, if either, will block out sounds better, but only actual noise cancelling headphones will do it well. The size of the driver also doesn’t determine the size of the ear cup, so the smaller driver could have a bigger cup, or vice versa

Versus.com says that the Strix has active noise canceling. Should I believe it?

1 hour ago, CyberFern0 said:

What Asus webpage says? Shouldn't the manufacturer's site be the first source of technical information?

26 minutes ago, Niksa said:

What Asus webpage says? Shouldn't the manufacturer's site be the first source of technical information?

I don’t know. Ya know...marketing...

2 hours ago, CyberFern0 said:

Active noise canceling is a feature that isn't the same for every product that mentions it. How well the feature is implemented varies between products so you should look at reviews and benchmarks to see if the feature is good -- specs ripped off of a manufacturer's page compared without any testing like that on Versus.com isn't going to paint an accurate or detailed picture of how good or bad a product actually is. 

Keep in mind that the noise canceling is guaranteed to be imperfect like any other feature on any other product.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

11 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Active noise canceling is a feature that isn't the same for every product that mentions it. How well the feature is implemented varies between products so you should look at reviews and benchmarks to see if the feature is good -- specs ripped off of a manufacturer's page compared without any testing like that on Versus.com isn't going to paint an accurate or detailed picture of how good or bad a product actually is. 

Keep in mind that the noise canceling is guaranteed to be imperfect like any other feature on any other product.

Versus says active noise canceling

11 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

But it also says it doesn’t have Dolby which I know it does. You say that Versus tests everything so should I believe it?

As they say, it ain't the size that matters :)

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

2 hours ago, CyberFern0 said:

You say that Versus tests everything so should I believe it?

That's the opposite of what I said. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 10/24/2018 at 12:24 PM, WoodenMarker said:

That's the opposite of what I said. 

Ooohhhhh

Yeah I just realized that. I think I’ll go for the 60mm because of the reviews.