Monitor over USB?

I am looking to build and  run a monitor over USB, but have limited knowledge.

The Monitor would be used as a notification window that pulls from a Custom website I built.

The only thing I know about running a monitor over USB is that you can use thunderbolt 3 to run a 4k or even 5k monitor. If there is an easy way to monitor your website you could just run another regular monitor over something else like HDMI or display port and just have multiple windows going. or you might get an ultrawide.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I am looking at it for a photo album or like chat or web notifications...

Not 4k or gaming use

1 minute ago, samcool55 said:

That is awesome, but if i wanted to make one for cheaper. I guess i need to find out how the hardware works. X.x

1 minute ago, Crashball254 said:

That is awesome, but if i wanted to make one for cheaper. I guess i need to find out how the hardware works. X.x

Depends how big you want the monitor to be.

If you go the aliexpress way you might find cheaper options.

I mean you can in theory get whatever display you want and connect something like a raspberry pi on it. it has HDMI.

Or if you have a desktop you can get a very cheap gpu and use that to get something going.

What's the device you are going to connect it to?

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

3 minutes ago, Crashball254 said:

If you want to use regular USB, those would be the kind of prices I would expect for a monitor.

Keep in mind regular USB doesn't output video, meaning there is actually a videocard built into the machine. USB Type C may include Displayport (depending on your device) and thus there are cheaper adapters for it available.

If you had a 'normal' video connector available, it would be quite a bit cheaper to get a monitor.

So meaning if you had a VGA, HDMI, Displayport (mini, regular or via USB type C), DVI, etc. port on your device, you just need to get a (cheap) monitor. New ones can be had for as low as 80 USD for a FHD panel and if you look second hand you might even get cheaper stuff.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

okay ill spill the beans, but pinky promise to shhh.

I want to test the idea of having a micro monitor for Twitch Chat when i stream. I want to build an app that will when i plug in the USB connector for the monitor, launch an application that asks what chat i want to have displayed. That way i dont need to use my phone or anything stupid. then if people like it and it works you can give it to streamers for low low cost.