1440p Gsync game monitor. ips panel;

TRIB4555554

I am between these 2 monitors

Dell Alienware AW3418DW
https://www.skroutz.gr/s/15075754/De...-AW3418DW.html

and Acer XB271HU
https://www.skroutz.gr/s/8666511/Acer-XB271HU.html

but my problem is that if I will buy the Dell Alienware AW3418DW will I have problems with all games>>?
because most games doesn't support ultrawides..

and the list of the games for support for ultrawide aren't many.

someone told me this
I'd stay away from ultrawides due to game compatibility. Not all games support widescreen resolutions so the image can look stretched.

games will not look right on that monitor, correct.

a lot of game don't support them so you'll be playing windowed. 1920x1080, 2560x1440 and 3840 x 2160 are standards

is it true this??
all these things??

do  you  suggest  ultrawide curve  monitors for pc games?

You can always play a game at 2560*1440p on a 3440*1440p monitor with black bars on each side. You do have the option to play 16:9 content on a 21:9 screen

did you  read   this I write  up??

someone told me this
I'd stay away from ultrawides due to game compatibility. Not all games support widescreen resolutions so the image can look stretched.

a lot of game don't support them so you'll be playing windowed. 1920x1080, 2560x1440 and 3840 x 2160 are standards

is it true this??
all these things??

also somepeople told me

not all games/movies support it .

does anyone has experience  in   gaming in  ultrawide monitos  for to help me  please??

I must  know what to  do and which to buy  from  these 2

also one person  has  ultrawide and he told me

I've used ultrawide briefly, really amazing stuff, but the spotty support is what keeps me on 16:9. Overwatch is disgusting, if running 21:9 it just stretches the image and actually chops off some vertical field of view so its worse than normal 16:9. Competitive advantage they say is the reason for improper support, but Blizzard are well known hypocrites especially when you consider people can use 240hz monitors while some people are using 60 or 144hz monitors which clearly gives 240hz users the advantage. This also doesn't even factor in other gear like M/KB that gives people who have $ to spend an edge, but lord forbid proper 21:9 support too big of an advantage. Schmucks.

R E L A X  M Y  M A N

Ultrawides don't have problems in games. If they do, turn down the resolution to fit 16:9 and play with black borders.

If you really want to play ultrawide in every game, theres mods.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

someone told me this

is it true this??
all these things??

do you  agree with  this??

he told me to stay  way from   ultrawides for games

Run games that do not support 21:9 (such as Overwatch) at 16:9. Because 21:9 resolutions are bigger than 16:9, it will fit with black bars on the sides. Sorry, but I don't really know any other way to explain this. Maybe this picture will help?

3CBB08A6-30FB-4BC5-94C0-12A9533551CA.jpeg.5fa481d26c342cae8013b1125858f52b.jpeg

The grey border represents the ultrawide monitor. The picture represents the 16:9 game. This is what it will look like when you play a 16:9 game on a 21:9 monitor if you set it up that way.

The question really comes down to if you want an ultrawide or not.

Loads of games support that resolution. My buddy has an UW, and he has yet to find a game that we play that doesn't support it.

If the game doesn't support it, it simply runs in 16:9 on that monitor; you'll get black bars on the sides. Not really a big deal at all.

If you have a lower end graphics card, go with the standard monitor as you'll have more trouble running games on the ultrawide.

If you want people to know you've replied to them, you need to quote or tag them.

Welcome to the forum.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I have seen  that the list of  games which support  ultrawide is very small

\

also  someone told  me  that   in ultrawides when games  not suported

there 3 problems

black bars

stretch 

zoom

Stretch and zoom are not things that happen. The only thing is black bars on some games, and that is not an issue. I use an ultrawide and love it.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

@TRIB4555554
I've been looking at your threads and posts, dude seriously you need to learn how to use a forum! The people that use a forum, any forum, are Not your personal 24-hour tech support, people are not sitting at their computers 24/7 waiting for only you to post a question, people will help out if and when they can.

There is a thing called "Forum Etiquette" I suggest you Google it and read it. Demanding that people answer your questions immediately and tell you exactly what to do and/or buy, then getting angry, rude, and stamping your feet if that doesn't happen is a really quick way to get ignored by everyone or removed.
Post your question, give as much detail as possible, be clear and precise, then wait... you might get a reply with the correct answer in 1 minute, or you might have to wait 24-48 hours and then give the thread a little bump to give people another chance to see it. Asking a question and then whining you haven't got the answer you want within an hour, plus asking if the forum is dead and why are people not being helpful is a really silly thing to do.

It's like if your car breaks down in the middle of the road, you see a person walking down the street - if you called out: "Hey man, sorry to bother you but my car has broken down, could you please help me push the car off the road? I would really appreciate it, thank you." - the person is likely to say: "Sure, no problem" and help you.

But if you shout: "Oi, you! Get over here and help me now! Run faster" - that same person is either going to stick their middle finger up at you and laugh at your broken car, or they will come over to you but they will tell you to go @#$& yourself instead.

Chill out, buddy, I'm sure you will get the answers you want soon enough :)

Build: "The Cake Is A Lie" - (Portal 2 Theme)  Wall Mounted (in a ThermalTake Core P8 all sides removed)  Ryzen 5900X • 64GB Team Group Dark Pro (B-Dies) 3600MHz CL16 • ASUS X570-E Gaming • EK Quantum Plexi Monoblock  MSI RTX 3090 Suprim X  EK Quantum Plexi Block  2TB Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 NVME  8TB Samsung 870 QVO  Corsair RM 850X 2x EK P480M Radiators   PrimoChill Fittings  2x D5 Pumps  Monsoon MMRS Pump Housing  2x HeatKiller Tube 200 Reservoirs