Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New pc build suggestions for upgrades

This is my current plan for a build. Please give me any suggestions of things I should change. I already have a case and the fans are for it. It will be used for school and gaming. My budget is $850. (Going a little over $850 is fine too)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

why not get the r5 2600 paired with an msi b450-a pro which will be the same price for both as your two options. also, maybe look into getting a better psu 

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  ($159.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($103.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Patriot - Viper 4 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($71.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($86.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB SC GAMING Video Card  ($224.89 @ OutletPC) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($38.98 @ Newegg) 
Case Fan: Cooler Master - Megaflow 110.0 CFM  200mm Fan  ($11.99 @ Newegg) 
Case Fan: Corsair - Air Series AF140 Red 66.4 CFM  140mm Fan  ($13.14 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: Sceptre - E225W-1920 22.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor  ($74.70 @ Walmart) 
Total: $845.44
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-23 10:11 EDT-0400

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  ($159.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Patriot - Viper 4 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($71.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: ADATA - Ultimate SU800 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($136.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($39.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB SC GAMING Video Card  ($224.89 @ OutletPC)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: Cooler Master - Megaflow 110.0 CFM  200mm Fan  ($11.99 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: Corsair - Air Series AF140 Red 66.4 CFM  140mm Fan  ($13.14 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Sceptre - E225W-1920 22.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor  ($74.70 @ Walmart)
Total: $833.56
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-23 10:22 EDT-0400

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

What is your case and how many fans are in it already? Are you going to use any fans from the case?

My case is a NZXT Phantom 820 and I need the fans because when my friend gave it to me, it didn’t have fans in it. (He found it and was gonna throw it out.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Owen the Trusty man said:

My case is a NZXT Phantom 820 and I need the fans because when my friend gave it to me, it didn’t have fans in it. (He found it and was gonna throw it out.)

Thats a nice case, i wanted one, but i went through 4 of them and they all had a paint chipping problem in the top corner of the side panel. Its thick paint and easily chipped of when taking of the side panel, so be carefull.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SolarNova said:

Thats a nice case, i wanted one, but i went through 4 of them and they all had a paint chipping problem in the top corner of the side panel. Its thick paint and easily chipped of when taking of the side panel, so be carefull.

Yeah, my friend have it to me when he heard I was building a pc. He had found it somewhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  ($159.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Patriot - Viper 4 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($71.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: ADATA - Ultimate SU800 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($136.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($39.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB SC GAMING Video Card  ($224.89 @ OutletPC)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: Cooler Master - Megaflow 110.0 CFM  200mm Fan  ($11.99 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: Corsair - Air Series AF140 Red 66.4 CFM  140mm Fan  ($13.14 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Sceptre - E225W-1920 22.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor  ($74.70 @ Walmart)
Total: $833.56
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-23 10:22 EDT-0400

This build looks good. It’s just I’m changing the b350 board to a b450 A pro board. Same price and supports pinnacle ridge cpu.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Owen the Trusty man said:

This is my current plan for a build. Please give me any suggestions of things I should change. I already have a case and the fans are for it. It will be used for school and gaming. My budget is $850. (Going a little over $850 is fine too)

Maybe you can try this, has 16GB RAM and some pretty good Noctua case fans

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LCFwjy
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LCFwjy/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  ($159.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI - B450-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($69.99 @ B&H)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($124.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Kingston - A400 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($39.99 @ Walmart)
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($39.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: XFX - Radeon RX 580 8GB GTS Black Core Edition Video Card  ($259.89 @ OutletPC)
Case: NZXT - Phantom 820 (Black) ATX Full Tower Case  (Purchased For $0.00)
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($38.98 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: BitFenix - Spectre 47.4 CFM  200mm Fan  ($12.29 @ SuperBiiz)
Case Fan: BitFenix - Spectre 47.4 CFM  200mm Fan  ($12.29 @ SuperBiiz)
Monitor: AOC - I2279VWHE 21.5" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor  ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $848.29
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-23 11:49 EDT-0400

 

this would be my idea with it. and with one fan at the top and one on the front, it should work great!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LukeSavenije said:

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LCFwjy
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LCFwjy/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  ($159.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI - B450-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($69.99 @ B&H)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($124.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Kingston - A400 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($39.99 @ Walmart)
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($39.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: XFX - Radeon RX 580 8GB GTS Black Core Edition Video Card  ($259.89 @ OutletPC)
Case: NZXT - Phantom 820 (Black) ATX Full Tower Case  (Purchased For $0.00)
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($38.98 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: BitFenix - Spectre 47.4 CFM  200mm Fan  ($12.29 @ SuperBiiz)
Case Fan: BitFenix - Spectre 47.4 CFM  200mm Fan  ($12.29 @ SuperBiiz)
Monitor: AOC - I2279VWHE 21.5" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor  ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $848.29
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-23 11:49 EDT-0400

 

this would be my idea with it. and with one fan at the top and one on the front, it should work great!

 

I’d prether a 1060 instead of an rx 580. Same price, faster card.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Owen the Trusty man said:

I’d prether a 1060 instead of an rx 580. Same price, faster card.

image.png.33a5a86f6a31594d63ff82eff6969e96.png

they are the around the same, and the rx580 comes with free games

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LukeSavenije said:

image.png.33a5a86f6a31594d63ff82eff6969e96.png

they are the around the same, and the rx580 comes with free games

What do you mean by that 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Owen the Trusty man said:

What do you mean by that 

the 580 performs about the same as a 1060. one will perform better in one game, the other in another game

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Owen the Trusty man said:
...

Build this instead....

Added a rx580 nd a 144hz 1080p free sync monitor....

 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  ($159.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($79.61 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Team - Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($70.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Team - L5 LITE 3D 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($62.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI - Radeon RX 580 8GB ARMOR OC Video Card  ($209.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($38.98 @ Newegg) 
Case Fan: Corsair - Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan  ($19.49 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: Acer - ED242QR Abidpx 23.6" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor  ($179.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $880.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-24 05:20 EDT-0400

SSD TIER LIST

 

 

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/24/2018 at 5:22 AM, vexicus365 said:

Build this instead....

Added a rx580 nd a 144hz 1080p free sync monitor....

 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  ($159.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($79.61 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Team - Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($70.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Team - L5 LITE 3D 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($62.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI - Radeon RX 580 8GB ARMOR OC Video Card  ($209.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($38.98 @ Newegg) 
Case Fan: Corsair - Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan  ($19.49 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: Acer - ED242QR Abidpx 23.6" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor  ($179.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $880.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-24 05:20 EDT-0400

It’s over budget sorry and the fans probably won’t fit in my case

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×