Help changing the public/private setting on a unidentified network

BrokenProgram01

Recently I have decided to get rid of my router in favor of sharing my desktop ethernet connection with my laptop through my desktops ethernet ports as the router was limiting my internet connections to my desktop reducing the speeds from gigabit to 100mbps. Upon doing this I noticed that the connection between my desktop and laptop showed up as an unidentified connection on my desktop preventing me from changing the network setting of whether it is a private or public network connection and defaulting this connection to a public connection. But on my laptops side of the ethernet connection, it shows up as a normal connection and I'm able to access the internet through the connection. Is there any way to change it so then my desktops end of the shared connection is able to be set to private?

Desktop

Processor: i7 - 5820k

MOBO: Asrock x99m killer

GPU: Asus GTX 1060 G6 gaming

Storage:120gb m6e sata m.2 ssd & Hitachi 3TB HDD

Case: Silverstone Tek Micro

PSU: EVGA G3 750w

CPU Cooler: Thermaltake water 3.0 Pro

Laptop:

HP Notebook 15 - ay192nr :http://qrq.itcs.hp.com/qr?pn=Z4L83UAABA&cc=us&ll=en&jumpid=QR_PPS_Z4L83UAABA_NA&occ=us&oll=en&rd=1

you can set it via windows 10 under network and internet settings/change connection properties.

image.png.ee810d62f8b2f7f31e78b94a83b5e760.png

On 10/28/2018 at 4:19 AM, N3tw0rk1ng said:

you can set it via windows 10 under network and internet settings/change connection properties.

image.png.ee810d62f8b2f7f31e78b94a83b5e760.png

This setting doesn't exist under unidentified networks and this was a repost the original Post is here: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/986803-sharing-internet-and-hard-drive-access-through-ethernet/?tab=comments#comment-11890198