AMD Ryzen 5 2600 - Better cooling on Fractal Node 202

Jaydelta88

Hello guys,

I just came from a Laptop to a Mini Desktop because I was sick of having perfomance issues (i7 8750H with a GTX 1070) but now with my new build Im loving it!

The problem is, I had to have a small case, almost same as a XBOX One size, so I decided to go for a Fracta Node 202. Its beautiful. But as u can guess, Im having alote temperatures problems.

Using stock cooler, stocks speeds, I get almost 91ºC on demanding games, but If I let the top case open, I have less then 72ºC with it on Game Mode (3.9Ghz).

Im very limited of the high of the "CPU Cooler" so is it worth to buy one? Which one? Im in Portugal and there are mostly only high profil coolers.

IHeQleJ.jpg

dLa3uv0.jpg

5FEeTwO.jpg

Would this apply to you?

Desktop:  Intel Core i5-6400 | Zalman CNPS9500AT CPU Cooler | EVGA GTX 1050 SC GAMING 2GB | 1x8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX | Gigabyte H170N-WIFI | Intel 600p 256GB SSD | Seagate Firecuda 1TB SSHDCorsair CX450M (Gray Version) PSU | Thermaltake Core V1 Mini-ITX Case |

6 minutes ago, PingPonguin said:

Would this apply to you?

Could I take the vent out and but a costume fit on the cpu stock cooler? ? just asking!

Just now, Jaydelta88 said:

Could I take the vent out and but a costume fit on the cpu stock cooler? ? just asking!

Which vent are you talking about? If it's the dust filter, then yes you can definitely remove it and maybe fit something slightly taller at the cost of having dust going in your system.

Desktop:  Intel Core i5-6400 | Zalman CNPS9500AT CPU Cooler | EVGA GTX 1050 SC GAMING 2GB | 1x8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX | Gigabyte H170N-WIFI | Intel 600p 256GB SSD | Seagate Firecuda 1TB SSHDCorsair CX450M (Gray Version) PSU | Thermaltake Core V1 Mini-ITX Case |

2 hours ago, PingPonguin said:

Which vent are you talking about? If it's the dust filter, then yes you can definitely remove it and maybe fit something slightly taller at the cost of having dust going in your system.

I ment the fan, if only maybe I change the fan and improvise something over the cooling without the fan of the AMD... maybe it would work, no?

The dust filter I already took it out.

Im playing games at 3.85GHz (all six cores) with stock voltage with 67ºC but ofc Im using the top of the case off...

Cooling solutions in my country are almost non existing for this typ of high :(

On 10/22/2018 at 8:26 PM, Jaydelta88 said:

I ment the fan, if only maybe I change the fan and improvise something over the cooling without the fan of the AMD... maybe it would work, no?

The dust filter I already took it out.

Im playing games at 3.85GHz (all six cores) with stock voltage with 67ºC but ofc Im using the top of the case off...

Cooling solutions in my country are almost non existing for this typ of high :(

Yeah I think you can do a fan swap with another 92mm fan, if that is what you're asking.

What are your temps when just stressing the cpu?

Moved to Air Cooling. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.