Monitoring PS4/XboxOne temperatures/throttling?

bANONYMOUS
Go to solution Solved by Mira Yurizaki,

Changing the thermal compound may reduce the temperature by a few degrees, but it likely won't be enough to make the fan curve go to a lower setting.

Otherwise, I don't see a point in monitoring the temperatures since you can't really configure the thermal or performance profiles in consoles.

The waifu insisted we have something sensible like an xbox in the living room, all in one unit, cheap, works, simple layout.. I personally wanted to build a sleek gaming quiet computer, so, naturally, we compromised, and now we have an XboxOne... and a PS4...

This is just how life works.

Now the PS4 is super loud, and XboxOne is whisper quiet (sorry Playstation fans but that's just how it is), I want to monitor temperatures on them to see what I can do to reduce fan speed In the PS4 without it starting on fire, and since I'll be digging into the PS4 to shut it up by changing thermal compound and such hoping to drop that fan noise down, might as well do the XboxOne while I'm at it.

Any suggestions on monitoring temperatures or performance ramping/throttling (like AIDA64, HWMonitor, etc)?

Desktop: CASE: NZXT H510 Elite CPU: Intel i9-9900K RAM: 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro GPU: 11GB EVGA FTW3 1080ti NVMe: 3x1TB  XPG Gammix S11 HDD: 1x8TB Barracuda PSU: HX1200 OS: Windows 10 Pro b19043
Laptop: CASE: Asus Zephyrus Duo CPU: Intel i7-10875H RAM: 32GB SSD: 2x Samsung 1TB NVMe RAID 0 OS: Pop_OS 20.04 LTS

Mobile: MODEL: Galaxy S21 Ultra  SSD: 128GB RAM: 12GB OS: Unlocked One UI 3.1 Android 11

Mobile: MODEL: Nubia Red Magic 5G SSD: 256GB RAM: 12GB OS: Rooted RM5S Android 11

Changing the thermal compound may reduce the temperature by a few degrees, but it likely won't be enough to make the fan curve go to a lower setting.

Otherwise, I don't see a point in monitoring the temperatures since you can't really configure the thermal or performance profiles in consoles.

12 hours ago, bANONYMOUS said:

Any suggestions on monitoring temperatures or performance ramping/throttling (like AIDA64, HWMonitor, etc)?

with the official system software, there is no way known to do that.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Damn, oh well, thanks for the help!

Desktop: CASE: NZXT H510 Elite CPU: Intel i9-9900K RAM: 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro GPU: 11GB EVGA FTW3 1080ti NVMe: 3x1TB  XPG Gammix S11 HDD: 1x8TB Barracuda PSU: HX1200 OS: Windows 10 Pro b19043
Laptop: CASE: Asus Zephyrus Duo CPU: Intel i7-10875H RAM: 32GB SSD: 2x Samsung 1TB NVMe RAID 0 OS: Pop_OS 20.04 LTS

Mobile: MODEL: Galaxy S21 Ultra  SSD: 128GB RAM: 12GB OS: Unlocked One UI 3.1 Android 11

Mobile: MODEL: Nubia Red Magic 5G SSD: 256GB RAM: 12GB OS: Rooted RM5S Android 11