Motherboard seems to be dead, but I'd like to be sure.

Kywim

Hello

See my old thread for detailed info on my past situation: 

(This is the last thread I'll make about my situation)

So, today I came back from school and my computer refused to boot again (Turned on but no post/boot). Okay, booted a few times until I could finally reach the "Boot failure detected" screen. I clicked "Apply optimized defaults then reboot". It rebooted, I went into Windows just fine, but I decided that I should shut it down to further troubleshoot the situation.. oh boy was I wrong. Ever since shutting it down, I can't get it to boot.

In order, I tried:

• CMOS clear
  • With/Without secondary HDD plugged in
  • Using another PSU known to be fine + Removing GPU, booting only with the minimum devices (Only boot drive plugged in)

All 3 did not do anything to help me. I was stuck with a computer that turned on but wouldn't boot/post. So, I tried one last thing: removing one stick of RAM.
Ta-da! It booted, shut down again, rebooted by itself, beeped twice (Memory Parity Check Failed) and prompted with with a similar "Boot Failure Detected" screen. 

But I didn't attempt to get into windows, I had to do something else so I just shut the computer down and sighed in relief.

When I came back, I tried booting it again and it failed to boot, same as before.

So, I tried to troubleshoot it more in depth: I tried both sticks of ram in both slots 2 and 4 of my motherboard.

Here's what happened:

• Stick 1 in Slot 2: Got into the bios, clicked on "Apply defaults then boot", windows started loading and the computer crashed after 2 seconds of loading (it shut down). It rebooted by itself, no beeps this time and just turned on without booting like last time.
  • Stick 1 in Slot 4: Nothing (turns on but no boot/post)
  • Stick 2 in Slot 2: Nothing (turns on but no boot/post)
  • Stick 2 in Slot 4: Exact same situation as Stick 1 in Slot 2.

So, I think I can safely rule out each of theses components as being the culprit:

• PSU
  • GPU
  • RAM
  • HDD 
  • SSD (I didn't check it, but SMART data were fine even the day before and it had no bad blocks. I tested it yesterday after my last boot issue)
  • Windows (Since the issue occurs even before booting)

Logically, only the motherboard and CPU are left.

What do you think? Is my motherboard dead? I need another opinion on this before ordering my new parts.

Thank you very much and have a nice day.

if you're able to get into "boot failure detected" or any message on screen, the mobo isn't dead. 

I'd guess it's the boot drive. Can you try accessing the drive on another device?

Can a dead SSD provoke a boot failure like that? I'd guess that it would give me a "no boot drive" detected error message instead of that..

The SSD was fine even the day before that happened. I played all weekend, did some updates, downloaded stuff, everything was fine.

Are you really sure?

Just now, Kywim said:

Can a dead SSD provoke a boot failure like that? I'd guess that it would give me a "no boot drive" detected error message instead of that..

The SSD was fine even the day before that happened. I played all weekend, did some updates, downloaded stuff, everything was fine.

Are you really sure?

motherboard could be having some issues - not entirely sure what the problem is. But if it'll post, it's definitely not dead or bricked. Are you able to flash your bios?

I haven't tried that, and to be honest I don't see why it'd help. I never touched my BIOS in 4 years I've had this system. Can you explain me why this would help? ?