Civ 5 W/Mods - 8600K ?

Heyo! My friend is asking for a PC that can run some games, but the main one is civ 5 with mods. I've never played civ 5 nevertheless with mods - So I'm not well-versed in it's mechanics. 

Another pal that's helping me put together a build said (these may be out of proportion he likes to blow things up) that the turn times with mods can go up to 30 minutes. I was looking around for any benchmarks with the 8600k on civ 5 but I could only find Civ 6 and 4 benchmarks, so my general question is: Would the I5 8600k be a decent choice for a CPU, given that it'd be used for to play Civ 5 with what I assume a copious amount of mods. 

If anyone has any alternatives e.g. A ryzen chip or a different intel one feel free to tell me :) 

Thanks

vK~

2 minutes ago, Cvet76 said:

I play Civ5 with a few friends occasionally but we don't have any mods. Turn times are about as long as you set them, there are DLCs, so it may or may not vary. One good game of CIV can last well over 6 hours. And that's with the round time set to 3 minutes. That's just how the game works. An 8600K is more than enough for Civ5. One of our friends is running a potato laptop and another one has an i7-920 and a GTX970 (i think). It's more than enough.

Take this info with a grain of salt, because I know nothing about how demanding the mods for this game are. Your best bet would be asking on the discussions in steam or maybe even the official forum.

Okay thanks for the input, I'm not sure if they meant the AI though. Like, the time the cpu takes to calculate AI movement? I don't know at all, even if there is an AI in Civ. I didn't think it'd be all that demanding. I'll go ask on the official forums or something after a little bit of leaving this thread up :)

CivV isn't that intensive and so long as your install isn't completely fucked an 8600K should run it just fine

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

20 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

CivV isn't that intensive and so long as your install isn't completely fucked an 8600K should run it just fine

Ah okay, it seems my pal must've been blowing it out of proportions then. Thank you :)