Want to get my case fans running

Joelchaletos

So I have this PC I built, the case has 3 fans I'd like to use. The issue is that the motherboard has only 2 pwm fan slots and both are used by the cpu cooler, pump being in CPU_FAN and the radiator fan in CASE_FAN.

So either I find a MB with 5 fan slots or get a fan hub? I want to be able to control the fans via software if possible.

https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/user/Joelboiboi/saved/#view=gMVLJx

You can always get a fan splitter, but than you can control the fans only through the BIOS Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania fan splitter

A fan controller/hub will allow you to control them via software. A less expensive alternative would be standard fan splitter cables.
Something like this. The software controllability of this will depends on your motherboard, however. I know Gigabyte has the ability to control some motherboard headers with software, though it's not a feature I've ever used, or looked into for that matter, so other manufacturers may (likely?) do as well.

I don't know the technical aspect of how many fans is acceptable to run off a single header as i've never actually had to look into it. I do know there are splitters supplemented with either SATA or molex power, such as this or this.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

If I were to run off a splitter the case fans would mirror either the radiator fans rpm or the pump though, case fans speed changing rapidly under cpu load would be rather irritating I think.

fans.jpg

6 minutes ago, Joelchaletos said:

If I were to run off a splitter the case fans would mirror either the radiator fans rpm or the pump though, case fans speed changing rapidly under cpu load would be rather irritating I think.

fans.jpg

That's where my " The software controllability of this will depends on your motherboard, however " statement comes into play. You can forcibly override your automatic fan control to run at a constant speed if your motherboard has this feature. if attached to the same header as your radiator fans, your entire system will run at one unified speed.

Outside of that, you're looking at something like the NZXT Grid+

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

6 hours ago, Joelchaletos said:

fans.jpg

The change would depend on what kind of curve you set for them. Could you perhaps control rad fans from pump? Then you would have 1 header for case fans. Otherwise you are down to using external controller, Grid v3 (or Corsair Commander Pro but thats more expensive one).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv