Computer Freeze 5seconds every 3 hour

Hello! I built a computer for my friend this summer and he have been experiencing freezes that last around 5 seconds around every 3 hours regularly. It happens in game, out of game, in web browser and everywhere.

It's almost like when the "Activate Windows" popup came in windows 8 every three hours if one didn't have active windows license, but in this case no popup happens only the same incapability to do anything for those seconds.

We tried:

1. Reinstall windows.

2. Updated all the drivers for the GPU (two different versions).

Stuff:

i7 8700k clocked

MSI 1080ti gaming x clocked

16GB RAM 2666mhz

Asus Strix z370-f

H100i v2 cooler

500GB m2 SSD Kingston

4TB Seagate HDD

Windows 10 64bit Home

750w psu

NZXT H440 Silent Chassi

Does anyone have the same problem, and does anyone have a fix?

Thanks in advance!

It's mostly some 3rd party software that is involved - some firewall or other stuff that trying to connect to internet or do something. Any programs installed after reinstalling Windows (which should not be first step to detect problem anyway)? It also may be some hardware problem with OC but I think it's software.

Use Autoruns to detect what is running.

You've gotten the first PC ever to have an auto-save function :D 

But what do you mean by clocked? You mean overclocked? If so, remove the CPU overclock and see if it still happens. 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Looks like some software. Make sure he tests the pc with a fresh installation of windows, no unnecessary programs. 

2 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

It's mostly some 3rd party software that is involved - some firewall or other stuff that trying to connect to internet or do something. Any programs installed after reinstalling Windows (which should not be first step to detect problem anyway)? It also may be some hardware problem with OC but I think it's software.

Use Autoruns to detect what is running.

I tried without OC-software downloaded. And we don't have any other wierd software downloaded, just Steam, Discord,  Battle.net. No firewall except windows defender.

Just now, NelizMastr said:

You've gotten the first PC ever to have an auto-save function :D 

But what do you mean by clocked? You mean overclocked? If so, remove the CPU overclock and see if it still happens. 

Haha, yes overclocked. I believe we already tried unclocked but I'm not 100% sure so I will try again. But honestly it seems to be software-related because of the regularity.

37 minutes ago, Teammate said:

I tried without OC-software downloaded. And we don't have any other wierd software downloaded, just Steam, Discord,  Battle.net. No firewall except windows defender.

So, you have no software downloaded except most heavy ones like Steam, Discord, Battle.net etc. Do you try to run these on demand instead of autostart? And set their services to manual start? Also check Event Viewer.

BTW. Do you use Autoruns like I suggest?

57 minutes ago, Konrad_K said:

Looks like some software. Make sure he tests the pc with a fresh installation of windows, no unnecessary programs. 

Make sure he tests the pc WITHOUT reinstall or fresh install. How do you want to find reason of problems if you removes evidences and traces every time?

1 hour ago, homeap5 said:

So, you have no software downloaded except most heavy ones like Steam, Discord, Battle.net etc. Do you try to run these on demand instead of autostart? And set their services to manual start? Also check Event Viewer.

BTW. Do you use Autoruns like I suggest?

Make sure he tests the pc WITHOUT reinstall or fresh install. How do you want to find reason of problems if you removes evidences and traces every time?

If he reinstall it might go away. That is the point. Than install program by program and find the issue. 

7 minutes ago, Konrad_K said:

If he reinstall it might go away. That is the point. Than install program by program and find the issue. 

The point is to know where problem is. Reinstalling Windows is solution for people who can't diagnose any problem. It's workaround, not a solution. And on this forum we should be able to find real problem source. Windows itself is not a problem - every installation will be the same and we will back to point where we started.

Also - I assume that people who works on their computers asks for help. If you do nothing but reinstalling your system, then ok - nice hobby, do it. For serious users fresh install means hours or days to restore everything.