Gtx 1070/1070ti compatibility with i5 3570

victor119
Go to solution Solved by martward,
40 minutes ago, asus killer said:

but are you buying another monitor also? that card is way overkill for that monitor

Not necessarily. The 1060 won't get ultra settings on 1080p/60Hz in all current games (let alone upcoming games) and if the 1070TI is as expensive as the 1070 than it's actually a very good option since it is way faster which means that he won't have to upgrade his GPU as soon. Also this gives him the opportunity to upgrade to a better monitor later on if he so wishes, whereas with a 1070 he will run in to problems keeping a steady 60fps on a higher resolution in future generations of games much sooner.

The beautiful thing about building your own PC is that you can upgrade separate parts without having to change the entire system at once, which is exactly what OP is trying to do (he even says he wants to upgrade the system in a year).

8 minutes ago, J.b091 said:

Let us know when u buy it and install how satisfied you will be and how much improvement will you see.

will you captain will be in a week 5-6 days

1 hour ago, victor119 said:

but i cant play games now thats the whole point in upgrading and i dont want to re-purchase GPU in coming Years. Want to focus on rest of the system

but are you buying another monitor also? that card is way overkill for that monitor

40 minutes ago, asus killer said:

Not necessarily. The 1060 won't get ultra settings on 1080p/60Hz in all current games (let alone upcoming games) and if the 1070TI is as expensive as the 1070 than it's actually a very good option since it is way faster which means that he won't have to upgrade his GPU as soon. Also this gives him the opportunity to upgrade to a better monitor later on if he so wishes, whereas with a 1070 he will run in to problems keeping a steady 60fps on a higher resolution in future generations of games much sooner.

The beautiful thing about building your own PC is that you can upgrade separate parts without having to change the entire system at once, which is exactly what OP is trying to do (he even says he wants to upgrade the system in a year).

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

1 hour ago, martward said:

True and I'm very thankful to you guys for lighting quick response. I posted on Tom hardware and only got 4 responses.

Will get 1070ti and try to go for new ryzen if it lands in my budget. Because Intel is just money grab.

On 10/22/2018 at 2:28 PM, J.b091 said:

Let us know when u buy it and install how satisfied you will be and how much improvement will you see.

I got Zotac Amp Extreme Gtx 1070 (that 1070ti was not worth the money condition wise) and it is working fine and im hitting 60+fps on 1080p with supersampling(2k to 4k) in some games at Ultra.

Bottleneck is not that much issue on this level (or i cannot see it properly)

and performance is Night and Day vs that R7 250.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2018 at 7:32 PM, victor119 said:

I got Zotac Amp Extreme Gtx 1070 (that 1070ti was not worth the money condition wise) and it is working fine and im hitting 60+fps on 1080p with supersampling(2k to 4k) in some games at Ultra.

Bottleneck is not that much issue on this level (or i cannot see it properly)

and performance is Night and Day vs that R7 250.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. Enjoy your new card!