Gtx 1070/1070ti compatibility with i5 3570

victor119
Go to solution Solved by martward,
40 minutes ago, asus killer said:

but are you buying another monitor also? that card is way overkill for that monitor

Not necessarily. The 1060 won't get ultra settings on 1080p/60Hz in all current games (let alone upcoming games) and if the 1070TI is as expensive as the 1070 than it's actually a very good option since it is way faster which means that he won't have to upgrade his GPU as soon. Also this gives him the opportunity to upgrade to a better monitor later on if he so wishes, whereas with a 1070 he will run in to problems keeping a steady 60fps on a higher resolution in future generations of games much sooner.

The beautiful thing about building your own PC is that you can upgrade separate parts without having to change the entire system at once, which is exactly what OP is trying to do (he even says he wants to upgrade the system in a year).

hi i have an i5 3570 system with 1666mhz ddr3 Ram. 

i can buy Gtx 1070/1070ti in almost same price and i want my GPU to be future proof. Because im gonna upgrade my system in a year.

So will there be any bottleneck with this setup on both GPU's.

UPDATE: I got Zotac Amp Extreme Gtx 1070 (that 1070ti was not worth the money condition wise) and it is working fine and im hitting 60+fps on 1080p with supersampling(2k to 4k) in some games at Ultra.

Bottleneck is not that much issue on this level (or i cannot see it properly).

And Once more thanks for help with decision.

What's your current GPU

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

Just now, bleedblue said:

What's your current GPU

its old R7 250

Just now, victor119 said:

its old R7 250

Oh lord. I was gonna suggest upgrading your entire system at the same time.

There will definitely be CPU bottlenecking in CPU heavy games like Assasin's Creed, but otherwise, it should be fine.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

4 minutes ago, victor119 said:

hi i have an i5 3570 system with 1666mhz ddr3 Ram. 

i can buy Gtx 1070/1070ti in almost same price and i want my GPU to be future proof. Because im gonna upgrade my system in a year.

So will there be any bottleneck with this setup on both GPU's.

it will bottleneck in some games, but if you're upgrading your cpu/mobo/ram later, you make a futureproof choise with the 1070 ti I think

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

it will bottleneck in some games, but if you're upgrading your cpu/mobo/ram later, you make a futureproof choise with the 1070 ti I think

and how much bottleneck are we talking about will it get 60 solid on 1080p atleast?

and how much bottleneck are we talking about will it get 60 solid on 1080p atleast?

depends on the game

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

depends on the game

like most games R6S, and Single player games?

and how much drop are we talking in bottleneck whats will be the low 1%?

Even if there is a bottleneck, it is still way better to buy the 1070TI than the 1070 if they are the same price. A bottle-necked system will not be slower than a system with the same CPU but a slower GPU, it just means that the CPU will work at 100% while your GPU has to do less than it is capable of. The higher the settings and resolution, the lower the CPU bottleneck, also graphically intensive games like the Witcher will show less of a bottleneck since they demand more of the GPU.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

3 minutes ago, asus killer said:

what's the resolution and refresh rate monitor?

currently at 1080p 60fps

and with the great pricing on 10 series right now you are better off buying your gpu now and wait for ryzen 2

1 minute ago, martward said:

Even if there is a bottleneck, it is still way better to buy the 1070TI than the 1070 if they are the same price. A bottle-necked system will not be slower than a system with the same CPU but a slower GPU, it just means that the CPU will work at 100% while your GPU has to do less than it is capable of. The higher the settings and resolution, the lower the CPU bottleneck, also graphically intensive games like the Witcher will show less of a bottleneck since they demand more of the GPU.

and will Rx 580 max every game and save some money for system upgrade?

so im going with 1070ti and if not that 1070 to be last decision

so im going with 1070ti and if not that 1070 to be last decision

what is your budget for a gpu? and what country/currency?

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

what is your budget for a gpu? and what country/currency?

my budget is around 330USD and im from Pakistan

1 minute ago, victor119 said:

my budget is around 330USD and im from Pakistan

A 1070TI is 330 where you live? Man, prices over here are still pretty F***ed. A 1080 is only 30 cheaper than a 2070 (so 500) and a 1070TI is still 450 :(. Even a 1070 will set you back at least 400 ?.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

1 minute ago, martward said:

A 1070TI is 330 where you live? Man, prices over here are still pretty F***ed. A 1080 is only 30 cheaper than a 2070 (so 500) and a 1070TI is still 450 :(. Even a 1070 will set you back at least 400 ?.

its used with 3 months warranty

17 minutes ago, victor119 said:

currently at 1080p 60fps

that's a stupid waste of money to use that gpu with that system and that monitor. Save the money, and next year when you can upgrade the rest, upgrade the gpu then. Maybe you can get better then 1070/1070ti for todays money

9 minutes ago, asus killer said:

that's a stupid waste of money to use that gpu with that system and that monitor. Save the money, and next year when you can upgrade the rest, upgrade the gpu then. Maybe you can get better then 1070/1070ti for todays money

but i cant play games now thats the whole point in upgrading and i dont want to re-purchase GPU in coming Years. Want to focus on rest of the system

Get 1070ti, it won't hurt and even in the future, if you decide to sell, you will sell it with higher price than 1070.

Also, I'm not sure about i5 3570, but I have i7 3770k (not even overclocked) with 1600mhz RAM (16GB). I upgraded this GPU from GTX 780 ti and I saw a lot improvement. with GTX 780 ti I didn't have 60 fps in modern games with ultra graphics (with 2560x1080 resolution), but with GTX 1070 I have 60 fps almost in all games on ultra & I'm very satisfied with my choice.

P.S. My RAM has 2600mhz support (Gk.Skill Trident X), but it's unstable with my CPU, plus doesn't give me any difference in fps in games (tested). So don't worry if your RAM is 1666mhz.

5 minutes ago, J.b091 said:

Get 1070ti, it won't hurt and even in the future, if you decide to sell, you will sell it with higher price than 1070.

Also, I'm not sure about i5 3570, but I have i7 3770k (not even overclocked) with 1600mhz RAM (16GB). I upgraded this GPU from GTX 780 ti and I saw a lot improvement. with GTX 780 ti I didn't have 60 fps in modern games with ultra graphics (with 2560x1080 resolution), but with GTX 1070 I have 60 fps almost in all games on ultra & I'm very satisfied with my choice.

P.S. My RAM has 2600mhz support (Gk.Skill Trident X), but it's unstable with my CPU, plus doesn't give me any difference in fps in games (tested). So don't worry if your RAM is 1666mhz.

ok im going with 1070ti 

4 minutes ago, victor119 said:

ok im going with 1070ti 

Let us know when u buy it and install how satisfied you will be and how much improvement will you see.