DaVinci Resolve 15 on Ubuntu 18.04

I installed DaVinci Resolve 15 on Ubuntu using a tutorial from Gear Seekers (most recent one). I did have to edit some commands to fit the filenames on my computer but other than that it was exactly the same. Resolve installed just fine but won't boot. All other software I have on here works just fine, just not resolve. Any idea what I did wrong or need to do to get it to work?

good luck finding a linux user here. most are windows based.

maybe you can ask in a linux forum

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

26 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

good luck finding a linux user here. most are windows based.

maybe you can ask in a linux forum

True... I just got fed up with Microsoft's bull, I still have it for gaming, but I want to avoid using it for anything but gaming.

6 hours ago, GoliathsDownfall said:

I installed DaVinci Resolve 15 on Ubuntu using a tutorial from Gear Seekers (most recent one). I did have to edit some commands to fit the filenames on my computer but other than that it was exactly the same. Resolve installed just fine but won't boot. All other software I have on here works just fine, just not resolve. Any idea what I did wrong or need to do to get it to work?

Could you try running it from a terminal and post the output?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

• 3 weeks later...

I just came back to the forum... Managed to get it to work if you wanted to know. Needed to use the Nvidia drivers that weren't the ones Ubuntu automatically puts on your computer.

On 10/22/2018 at 5:56 AM, GoliathsDownfall said:

If you are using an hybrid laptop you have to switch to an NVIDIA card, Intel is not supported.

Also maybe cuda is needed, try to run from a command line to see any verbose output