Only Half of my ram is (usable) "Installed memory 16GB(7.94 usable)

Go to solution Solved by DarthSmartt,
14 minutes ago, Mrmousey23 said:

I just built my pc, Then I downloaded some games to test it out, Everything went fine until "Sword With Sauce (Alpha) (NOT RESPONDING)" I went into task manager to exit it, But I clicked on performance for some reason. Then I looked around to see where do I close programs?? then I noticed something off, It said installed memory 16GB (7.94GB usable) I went onto forums to try to find a fix, Nothing worked, Then I decided to just make my ssd have 32 gigs of virtual memory, for a couple of months I forgot about it, And now its started to bother me again, Does anyone know how to fix this??

I would make sure that your ram slots and pins are clean. If you are running two 16 gig sticks, try the other two slots. Also. I wouldn't recommend using an ssd as virtual memory as it is painfully slow for normal ram speeds. If it shows 32 in the bios, I would reinstall windows. if not. one or maybe two ram sticks are bad. Try switching around slots to see if that makes any difference.

I just built my pc, Then I downloaded some games to test it out, Everything went fine until "Sword With Sauce (Alpha) (NOT RESPONDING)" I went into task manager to exit it, But I clicked on performance for some reason. Then I looked around to see where do I close programs?? then I noticed something off, It said installed memory 16GB (7.94GB usable) I went onto forums to try to find a fix, Nothing worked, Then I decided to just make my ssd have 32 gigs of virtual memory, for a couple of months I forgot about it, And now its started to bother me again, Does anyone know how to fix this??

Edit: I just bought I new motherboard. I could not find a fix and it was really bugging me, I am keeping this thread open just so if someone knows a fix they can share it in this forum so my friends and other people could have this issue resolved.

Edited by Mrmousey23
I got a new Motherboard because I could not find fix

yes I checked, Both dims work and both ram sticks work,

14 minutes ago, Mrmousey23 said:

I would make sure that your ram slots and pins are clean. If you are running two 16 gig sticks, try the other two slots. Also. I wouldn't recommend using an ssd as virtual memory as it is painfully slow for normal ram speeds. If it shows 32 in the bios, I would reinstall windows. if not. one or maybe two ram sticks are bad. Try switching around slots to see if that makes any difference.

Build:                                                                          

Intel Core I7 6700k (clocked to 4.6ghz)

Patriot Viper 3000mhz ddr4

ASUS maximus 8 hero (I hate this mobo)

Evga gtx 1080 superclocked

250GB Samsung 850 evo

2tb WD Black 7200rpm

Ek watercooling kit a240g with 360 expansion pack

Primochill Vue Red fluid

Corsair Graphite 600t (white)

You thought "Gee, Donald Trump sure has a great build!"

I just decided to  buy a new motherboard, Mine was only 72 euros. The issue seems to be fixed, But thanks for the help.

EDIT: Also I just saw in ur build u hate that mobo, I don't think its just that mobo, I think its asus. I also have an asus mobo CONSTANT issues.

Edited by Mrmousey23
I saw something I wanna add