Question about RGB fans ,cooler master masterfan pro 120 air balance

Frank Cisco

Hi, first of all , i hope you are doing well, i have 3 cooler master masterfan pro 120 air balance fans, mounted in my case, they are 4 pins, and the 3 are connected to my MoBo, (asus rog z370f-gaming), i´ve run the q-fan settings in the bios, to auto adjust them, after that i used Ai suite 3 , to adjust their max and lowest rpm , silent mode, and so on. I left them to run in inteligent mode, if the cpu temps rises ,then the fans will go up in their rpms, the thing is that at lower rpm the led also dimms,and when the fans stop the led turn off, how can i adjust them ,so the led remain on at the same brightness, but the fan can be on diferent rpm deppending on the temp of the cpu? and also if the fans turn off, how can i keep the led on? is there a setting that im missing on the AI suite 3?

I apologize for my bad english i hope you understand what i wrote. 

thanks.

ai suite 3.png

5 minutes ago, Frank Cisco said:

Hi, first of all , i hope you are doing well, i have 3 cooler master masterfan pro 120 air balance fans, mounted in my case, they are 4 pins, and the 3 are connected to my MoBo, (asus rog z370f-gaming), i´ve run the q-fan settings in the bios, to auto adjust them, after that i used Ai suite 3 , to adjust their max and lowest rpm , silent mode, and so on. I left them to run in inteligent mode, if the cpu temps rises ,then the fans will go up in their rpms, the thing is that at lower rpm the led also dimms,and when the fans stop the led turn off, how can i adjust them ,so the led remain on at the same brightness, but the fan can be on diferent rpm deppending on the temp of the cpu? and also if the fans turn off, how can i keep the led on? is there a setting that im missing on the AI suite 3?

I apologize for my bad english i hope you understand what i wrote. 

thanks.

If they are the RGB version fan speed should not affect anything as they are two separate systems, you need to configure the RGB controller if it's connected to. If it's on the motherboard's RGB header it would be through Aura Sync.

2 hours ago, W-L said:

If they are the RGB version fan speed should not affect anything as they are two separate systems, you need to configure the RGB controller if it's connected to. If it's on the motherboard's RGB header it would be through Aura Sync.

But on aura sync there's no option to do that , it only controls the LEDs color , and yes they're connected to my mobo, they are still turning off the LED when they hit 0 RPM, what I want is that no matter the rpms are , the LEDs will remain on , as I said , at Max speed the LED also looks brighter, if they go slower also the LED dimms, so I really don't know where I can control that.

19 minutes ago, Frank Cisco said:

But on aura sync there's no option to do that , it only controls the LEDs color , and yes they're connected to my mobo, they are still turning off the LED when they hit 0 RPM, what I want is that no matter the rpms are , the LEDs will remain on , as I said , at Max speed the LED also looks brighter, if they go slower also the LED dimms, so I really don't know where I can control that.

Make sure your fan headers are configured for PWM based control, the LED's should be on it's own circuit separate from the fan control unless they did something non-standard. 

1 hour ago, W-L said:

Make sure your fan headers are configured for PWM based control, the LED's should be on it's own circuit separate from the fan control unless they did something non-standard. 

They're configured as PWM in the bios . And the AI suite 3 detect them also as PWM. So I'm really confused. 

7 minutes ago, Frank Cisco said:

They're configured as PWM in the bios . And the AI suite 3 detect them also as PWM. So I'm really confused. 

As a test disconnect all the fan connections and just have it them on the RGB header. The LED's should still light and work with the lighting modes via Aura sync, if not then coolermaster has configured their fans in a non-standard way by routing power through the fan connector and not the +12V RGB supply.

1 hour ago, W-L said:

As a test disconnect all the fan connections and just have it them on the RGB header. The LED's should still light and work with the lighting modes via Aura sync, if not then coolermaster has configured their fans in a non-standard way by routing power through the fan connector and not the +12V RGB supply.

I did what you say and yes, the fan and the led turned off.    :(

Do you know another brand that doesnt do this?

3 minutes ago, Frank Cisco said:

I did what you say and yes, the fan and the led turned off.    :(

Do you know another brand that doesnt do this?

That's a very odd setup they've done, and that's with the little switch selected to RGB mode? 

2 hours ago, W-L said:

That's a very odd setup they've done, and that's with the little switch selected to RGB mode? 

yes ,behind the fans are the red ,blue and rgb option switch,  and mines are on rgb of course, so, will a corsair ones do the job? or do you suggest me other brand? nad also , thanks for your time.

5 minutes ago, Frank Cisco said:

yes ,behind the fans are the red ,blue and rgb option switch,  and mines are on rgb of course, so, will a corsair ones do the job? or do you suggest me other brand? nad also , thanks for your time.

Corsair's will need to work with their Cue ecoystem, seems that Coolermaster made it so their fans would work offline from the RGB connector so power comes directly from the fan connector. 

So maybe i will need a hub for the fans in order to achieve what im looking for?

6 hours ago, Frank Cisco said:

So maybe i will need a hub for the fans in order to achieve what im looking for?

For the coolermaster fans their own hub is designed for use through their software similar to Corsair's. For regular RGB based that connect up to the headers they should be independent to the fan control. If you want there are RGB frames that go over regular fans like the Phanteks Halos which would completely isolate it.