Logitech G602, Planned obsolescence? (no, just a faulty unit)

Okay so I've had the G602 mouse pretty much since launch for 4 years, I considered it to be the best mouse for money and performance. I'm not a pro-Esports gamer so I don't notice the minor differences in delay using a wireless product and since all of my mice prior broke due to a tear inside the cable, Swapping over to a wireless mouse seemed like a good idea to stop the expensive annual replacement of a dead mouse. It worked wonders and lasted for 4 years so when it finally caved in to wear and tear and the scroll wheel stopped working I looked back at all the fun times I had with the mouse and decided to buy another thinking it would be just as good as the last one. Well here's where the story turns ships

I paid a bit more then RRp on Amazon so that I could get next day shipping which cost me £72. I fell ill so after a couple of days in bed, I finally could get around to trying out my new old mouse. Now obviously after 4 years, they are going to change certain things about the production, it's the same mouse but not the exact same. It arrived and it was nice to have a fresh feeling mouse in my hand but then I plugged it in and Mother of holy mouse acceleration. Think of the worst game ever for mouse acceleration, then apply that to everything on your computer. after fiddling around the settings I disabled the acceleration in the Logitech config app. This helped a bit but I still have the same issue. Everything is accelerated

I plugged my old mouse back in since the only issue I had with it was a broken scroll wheel which you need to game and the mouse worked fine. Instantly I could easily control where I wanted to point and click. I checked the firmware on both devices and they were running the same up to date firmware. I checked the windows setting and acceleration was disabled, I have no idea why my new mouse is behaving like it is. It's the same product so why. The only reason I can come up with in my head is that the product has been deliberately tampered with to make you go out and buy a newer released product. I'm not even joking this mouse is near enough unplayable and I would still be using my old one if the scroll hadn't broken. to be clear I'm not saying the broken scroll wheel is the part that is obsolete, I'm saying the latest revision of the mouse has just killed its usefulness. I'm sure my old mouse died through poor ownership, I probably got my finger wet then scrolled the liquid into the sensor killing it. I've already pulled it apart to clean the sensor and that didn't fix it.

What's the point of this post, well I just want clarification to determine if I just got a faulty mouse or if someone else has had something similar happen to one of their Logitech products After looking back at the footage I think it's just a really bad optical sensor and not acceleration but still take a look at how it jumps around the screen, I really can't be asked to rewrite all of this because I'm still sick but the point stand I think this is deliberate obsolescence.

What did you set your mouse polling rate to in the Logitech Gaming software?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Maybe it is just a faulty unit. Logitech makes a lot of mice, there is bound to be couple that are faulty out of the box.

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB

Just now, r2724r16 said:

What did you set your mouse polling rate to in the Logitech Gaming software?

I set it to 500, changing the rate does nothing, however, I just noticed if I switch from my mouse mat to a hard surface the mouse works fine, for some reason it doesn't like the mouse mat I'm using despite having no issue with my last mouse, I'm using the razor goliathus extended control

2 minutes ago, brandon9990 said:

I set it to 500, changing the rate does nothing, however, I just noticed if I switch from my mouse mat to a hard surface the mouse works fine, for some reason it doesn't like the mouse mat I'm using despite having no issue with my last mouse, I'm using the razor goliathus extended control

I'm using a Steelseries QCK (which is a hard mat) with my G502 and it works fine. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

1 minute ago, r2724r16 said:

I'm using a Steelseries QCK (which is a hard mat) with my G502 and it works fine. 

That's what I'm confused, my old mouse worked fine with my mat which is a soft mat and my new mouse is barely useable on it even though it's the same mouse, it should have the same sensor, I don't want to get rid of my mat because I like the friction it gives when playing games. although the sensor works fine on my bare desk i find that surface too slippery

Maybe you should put the good sensor from the new mouse into the old one, and transplant all the good guys while you've got em

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Maybe you should put the good sensor from the new mouse into the old one, and transplant all the good guys while you've got em

I would love to be able to do that but their's no way I could swap the sensors over but I have never touched soldering so I would %1000 kill the mice if I tried that

I have set the mouse to be returned through amazons return policy, I should get my new mouse tomorrow and then return this one when I can and I'll let you know if the issue improves, like no joke this mouse Is unusable, I took my mat off my desk because that seemed to help but it still just wasn't working right, maybe it's just a dim light in the mouse stopping it from working properly I'll update this forum post

Nevermind me, I just got my replacement and it works fine, I just got a bad unit. False alarm Logitech is good